Welcome To Aberdeen & District Pool League

  Create An Account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Stats  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10 February 21, 2018  

  Login
Nickname


Password


>> Register <<

  Main Menu

  Who's Online
There are currently, 64 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.



You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here.



  Last Seen
davidewart24: 12 hours, 24 minutes ago
FarleysAngel: 23 hours, 2 minutes ago
indiaflowermall: 1 day, 5 hours, 41 minutes ago
cowie: 1 day, 5 hours, 45 minutes ago
ET: 2 days ago
Spot: 3 days ago
donato247: 4 days ago
joeshuster247: 8 days ago
rosahan302: 8 days ago
ellisshawn: 8 days ago
seanmartin211: 8 days ago
johnnyboy: 9 days ago
ChrisL: 13 days ago
harrypage4: 13 days ago
qizhen0809: 14 days ago
toddfarlane2: 15 days ago
Wilson: 15 days ago
ShemtovSystems: 15 days ago
stevelean24: 23 days ago
dvdged3: 24 days ago
GReid: 35 days ago
uneedflowers: 36 days ago
russo79: 40 days ago
Kano: 41 days ago
AnneSmith: 43 days ago
aa1oue: 47 days ago
Pedro: 50 days ago
samuelcunard2: 56 days ago
MariaBritt: 56 days ago
yaoxuemei: 56 days ago

General
Topic: AGM - 16 August @ Rileys


Moderated By: ChrisL, a_j_scott
Aberdeen & District Pool League Forum Index
  »» General
    »» AGM - 16 August @ Rileys

Please Register To Post


Author AGM - 16 August @ Rileys

ChrisL
Home away from home
Joined: 15-Sep-2004
Posts: 4565
From: Aberdeen


scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2016-08-04 16:21

The ADPL AGM for Season 2016/17 will be held as follows:

Rileys, Bridge Place, Aberdeen
on
Tuesday 16th August 2016 at 7.30pm.

Team Entry Fees (which remain at £90) are due to be paid there to our Treasurer, by cash or cheque (payable to 'Aberdeen and District Pool League'). The following Team Registration Form (available to download and print off from the link below) must be completed by every team and handed in at the AGM along with the entry fees:

ADPL TEAM REGISTRATION FORM - SEASON 2016/17

The AGM hopefully won't take too long and the agenda will be as in previous years:

1 - Attendance Register / Payment of League Fees
2 - Balance Sheet
3 - Election of Committee
4 - Competitions (any proposals relating to these)
5 - Fees for Season 17/18 (propose to increase league fees to £100 for teams and £60/£50/£45/£40 for XSP)
6 - Constitution (any proposals relating to these)
7 - League Rules (any proposals relating to these)
8 - Any other Business (inc make up of leagues)

Everyone is looking to stand again for Committee positions (Allan is giving up the role of Ladies Section Manager but staying on as Match Secretary) so currently there will likely be vacancies for the following roles:

Events Organiser
Ladies Section Manager

Also a reminder that anyone is welcome to stand against any incumbent committee member. Please get in touch with a committee member in advance if interested in putting your name forward so as to avoid having to scrabble about on the night!

if you are an ADPL member and would like to put in a formal proposal if you can send it by email to the League Secretary, Emma Raeburn, by 5pm Sunday 14th August to emmafortrie@hotmail.com and any received will be added to this forum for general discussion ahead of the AGM. Each team is entitled to have a member present at the AGM and has one vote on any proposals. Prospective teams for season 2016/17 can vote once their fees are paid in full.

Hopefully we can get as many teams/players as possible playing in the ADPL for Season 16/17. Ill create another topic so that we can try and work out in advance of the AGM all those that will be playing this year again, those moving venues and what new teams we will have.


-----------------
CML Web Design Ltd
Your complete web solution!


[ This message was edited by: ChrisL on 2016-08-16 11:29 ]



  Member Information For ChrisLProfile   Send Private Message To ChrisLPM   Go To ChrisL's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

FarleysAngel
Home away from home
Joined: 07-Nov-2009
Posts: 373
From: Aberdeen


scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2016-08-10 12:39

Reminder that any proposals have to be with me by Sunday.



  Member Information For FarleysAngelProfile   Send Private Message To FarleysAngelPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

cammy
Home away from home
Joined: 27-Feb-2008
Posts: 464
From: The Leaf


scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2016-08-11 04:03

Not really a biggy but can i propose that in team matches the breaker has the option of setting up the balls themself



  Member Information For cammyProfile   Send Private Message To cammyPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Spot
Home away from home
Joined: 13-Oct-2004
Posts: 536
From: The wilderness


scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2016-08-11 10:54

Already have the option , no rule says breaker can't set the balls up that I know of , sure ref would be happy with less work lol


-----------------
John Hay



  Member Information For SpotProfile   Send Private Message To SpotPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

FarleysAngel
Home away from home
Joined: 07-Nov-2009
Posts: 373
From: Aberdeen


scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2016-08-12 19:51

Proposals received:

1. From Lindsay Ahern "Quaich change to three sets of five instead of 2 5s and a 4"
(Go back to previous Quaich set-up of 3 sets of 5 frames)

2. From Mark Heslop "If teams pull out of divisions above and lower teams are to be promoted they don't get an option ie 3rd place must go up etc"

Committee amendment to add to above - "If a team refuses promotion then they will not be able to enter the league that season. If the team moves to a new bar it must have less than 50% of the signed players from the old team if they want to go down to Div 3. A team can still change venue as previously if the entire team moves to a new venue and stays in the same league.

3. From Derek Ahern "Hold a vote at the AGM whether to remain with SPA or return to SEPF"

4. From committee "XSP - If a player pulls out of a higher league the next player in line in the league below must take their place in the league above as per finishing places down to 4th place. If a player refuses promotion they will be fined £50 but may stay in the same league if this is paid. If unpaid they will be removed from the event and not allowed back in to play XSP until the debt is paid. If it goes down to lower than 4th place the committee can still invite a player of suitable ability to take the place."

5. From committee "XSP will be treated as a completely separate event in terms of pay in and pay out." All entries will be taken online to ensure no cash is changing hands and we have a record of payments made. Those not paying by the deadline will not be entered. The prize fund will be advertised as soon as all entries are in. Money paid will be all money paid in plus specific xsp event sponsorship.

6. From committee "To increase team fees to £100 per team for 17/18"

7. From committee "To add a section to the Constitution to say that the ADPL Committee will publish its Budget Spreadsheet twice a season online for members to download." This will be before Christmas once all competition entries are in and will show all payouts for the season. It will be updated before the AGM to show a final version for the season.

8. From committee "To change one of the Press Officer posts to a Senior Section Manager."

9. From Richard Bruce "The masters winner to be automatically seeded as no 1 for masters the following year."

[ This message was edited by: FarleysAngel on 2016-08-15 19:53 ]



  Member Information For FarleysAngelProfile   Send Private Message To FarleysAngelPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

FarleysAngel
Home away from home
Joined: 07-Nov-2009
Posts: 373
From: Aberdeen


scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2016-08-15 20:49

Finances - Since the presentation night (where there was a perceived under payment made in some prize monies) the Committee have fully checked all income and expenditure for the season and we are pleased to say that everything has been accounted for now. All competition entries were double checked and any where there was a discrepancy in the payment the money has now been collected and banked. All competition entries are accounted for in the bank (see balance sheet for a detailed breakdown). All sponsorship was paid in as expected last season. General running costs were pretty much as usual for last season.

We are delighted to confirm that all monies are accounted for and no money in any shape or form is ‘missing’ from the account. The main problem appears to be that various fees (detailed in the balance sheet) should have been accounted for last season and weren’t due to outdated book keeping practices and lack of communication. This meant our usual expenses this year were considerably higher and is why we had to pay out less money at the prize giving.

The Committee have met to discuss the issue in full and we are glad to announce several measures that should prevent this from happening again in the future:

* We are proposing at the AGM that we write into the ADPL Constitution that we will be publishing a current balance sheet every season before Christmas (once all event money is collected in) alongside a full prize fund payout list at this time also. We will also continue as usual to publish an end of season balance sheet prior to the AGM each year.

* We are proposing to separate the XSP Singles event entirely from the rest of the events we run so that all money paid in (plus any specific XSP sponsorship) is exactly what we pay out each year. We are also going to move to online banking for all XSP entries to avoid Committee members having to take in any cash. If the online banking is successful then this will be extended to team monies collected with captains expected to collect all monies and deposit securely online. The XSP prize fund will be available to view via the website as soon as all entries are in.

* We will be tightening our internal banking controls and modernising where possible.

* Finally we have looked at where money was cut for the prize giving and, as promised, we will be offering to pay back the difference in XSP monies up to last year’s level at the AGM. This mainly affects the players below who we would ask to attend the AGM to collect their cash or else will need to collect from the White Horse:

o Darren Matthew £50
o Martin McIntosh £50
o Patty McCarronn £50
o Andrew Reid £40
o Simon Mitchell £30
o Graeme Cusine £10
o David Wardleworth £10
o Paul Slorach £5
o John Falconer £5
o Keith Davidson £5

This sees us in a healthy position moving forward into Season 16/17 with some money in the bank and no debts carried over. This will see a full payout for the season ahead. Hopefully we can have a healthy attendance at all events this year and the more that enter the more that will be paid out! We will go over these details again briefly at the AGM but would appreciate folk taking the time to take in the details in advance to save everyone time on the night.

BALANCE SHEET - SEASON 15/16



[ This message was edited by: ChrisL on 2016-08-16 10:55 ]



  Member Information For FarleysAngelProfile   Send Private Message To FarleysAngelPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

titch1
Home away from home
Joined: 14-Aug-2007
Posts: 846
From: aberdeen


scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2016-08-19 10:42

What happened at Agm?



  Member Information For titch1Profile   Send Private Message To titch1PM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

ChrisL
Home away from home
Joined: 15-Sep-2004
Posts: 4565
From: Aberdeen


scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2016-08-19 11:31

Here are the minutes.

Sorry Titch your one didn't go through it was close though I think it might have been passed if you had said seeded to the group stages. I think a lot of people weren't sure why it was proposed if you had been there to explain I presume it is because if you have a winner from Div 2 it is hard for them to get into the top 12 seeds for the groups the way the rankings work. I think that might have helped.

Aberdeen & District Pool League
AGM Minutes
7.30pm Tuesday 16th August 2016
Rileys, Bridge Place, Aberdeen

1 - Attendance Register / Payment of League Fees
34 teams registered to play in the league for season 16/17.

2 - Balance Sheet
The balance sheet was presented to members and there were no questions. Money was paid back to those in the XSP Singles that were underpaid at the prize giving in full. Several proposals were passed (see below) that aim to modernise and tighten up our financial controls moving forward.

3 - Election of Committee
All current members of the committee were returned again.
PROPOSAL 1 (from ADPL Committee) “To replace the second Press Officer post with a Senior Section Manager responsible for running the Aberdeen Senior Singles and with licence to promote senior pool by way of events etc throughout the year with support from the ADPL Committee” was PASSED.
We would like to welcome Janey Scott as new Ladies Section Manager, John Hay as new Senior Section Manager and Shaun Mulloy as new Events Organiser. We are delighted to say we now have a full committee for the first time in years!

4 - Competitions
PASSED - PROPOSAL 2 (from Lindsay Ahern) "Quaich change to three sets of five instead of 2 5s and a 4".
NOT PASSED - PROPOSAL 3 (from Richard Bruce) "The Masters winner to be automatically seeded as no 1 for Masters the following year".
PASSED - PROPOSAL 4 (from Mark Heslop/ADPL Committee) "If teams pull out of league divisions above and lower teams are to be promoted they don't get an option ie 3rd place must go up etc". Also an ADPL Committee addition to the above - "If a team refuses promotion then they will not be able to enter the league that season. If a team refuses promotion and the players move to a new bar it must have less than 50% of the signed players from the old team if they want to go down to Div 3. A team can still change venue as previously if the entire team moves to a new venue and stays in the same league”.
PASSED - PROPOSAL 5 (from ADPL Committee) “XSP will be treated as a completely separate event in terms of pay in and pay out. All entries will be taken online to ensure no cash is changing hands and we have a record of payments made. Those not paying by the deadline will not be entered. The prize fund will be advertised as soon as all entries are in. Money paid will be all money paid in plus specific xsp event sponsorship.
PASSED - PROPOSAL 6 (from ADPL Committee) "XSP - If a player pulls out of a higher league the next player in line in the league below must take their place in the league above as per finishing places down to 4th place. If a player finishing in places 1-4 refuses promotion they will be excluded from the event for 2 years and must then rejoin at the Championship level. If it goes down to lower than 4th place the committee can still invite a player of suitable ability to take the place."
NOT PASSED - PROPOSAL 7 (from Paul Reid) “XSP matches to be best of 12 frames not 13 so that you can now get a draw”.

5 - Fees for Season 17/18 (Proposal passed to increase league fees to £100 for teams and keep it the same for XSP £60/£50/£45/£40)

6 - Constitution
PASSED - PROPOSAL 8 (from ADPL Committee) "To add a section to the Constitution to say that the ADPL Committee will publish its Budget Spreadsheet twice a season online for members to download." This will be before Christmas once all competition entries are in and will show all payouts for the season. It will be updated before the AGM to show a final version for the season.

7 - League Rules
NOT PASSED - PROPOSAL 9 (from Derek Ahern) "Hold a vote at the AGM whether to remain with SPA or return to SEPF"
The result of the vote was conclusive with 19 votes for SPA and 6 for SEPF with each team in attendance at that point in the meeting voting on the matter. As per the League Rules affiliation to the SPA and corresponding rules set (Blackball) will remain in place for at least the next 3 seasons.

8 - Any other Business (inc make up of leagues)
The makeup of the leagues lands perfectly Div 1 (10 teams – play each other twice 18 games then split and play twice again 8 games total 26 matches), Div 2 (10 teams same setup as Div 1), Div 3 (14 teams – play each other twice which also gives 26 matches).

Division 1
Murdos A (stay in Div 1)
Rileys Allstars (stay in Div 1)
Cafe Dag (stay in Div 1)
Holburn (stay in Div 1)
Rileys Rumblers (stay in Div 1)
Bankhead B (stay in Div 1)
Rileys Riga Revellers (stay in Div 1)
East End Rabbits (stay in Div 1)
Bankhead Inn (1st Div 2 promoted)
White Horse Randoms (2nd Div 2 promoted)

Division 2
Auchmill Golf Club (9th Div 1 relegated)
Lethen Arms A (stay in Div 2)
Gilcomston (stay in Div 2)
Rileys Ball Breakers (stay in Div 2)
Abergeldie (stay in Div 2)
Northern Hotel (stay in Div 2)
Croft Tavern (stay in Div 2)
Broadsword (1st Div 3 promoted)
Saltoun Arms A (3rd Div 3 promoted)
White Horse A (4th Div 3 promoted)

Division 3
Butchers Allstars (9th Div 2 relegated)
Fountain Lipsquad (10th Div 2 relegated)
Rileys Neptune (stay in Div 3)
Lethen Arms B (stay in Div 3)
Grampian Bar (stay in Div 3)
Cove Bay Hotel (stay in Div 3)
Murdos B (stay in Div 3)
Butchers Bar B (stay in Div 3)
Saltoun Arms B (stay in Div 3)
Central Bar (stay in Div 3)
Victoria Bar (stay in Div 3)
Brig Inn (new team)
Rileys Dons (new team)
Mounthooly Sports Bar (new team)

In response to a question raised from the floor the Committee will endeavour to have the correct perpetual cups available at the corresponding cup finals this season. It is to be noted, however, that teams also have a responsibility to hand back in the cups in time and also not to lose them!

A new ADPL website is currently being setup. It is hoped this will be ready for the start of the new season.
Captains packs will out soon with signing sheets and other documents.

There is a Captains Meeting at 7.30pm on 30th August at Rileys to collect packs if you don’t have an email address to send them to.

The first game of the new season is due to start Tuesday 20th September so plenty of time to sign players.

XSP entries will start being taken in the next few days starting with the Superleague and going down the leagues as each one is full. All payment this year will be online only and by the specific date or no entry.


-----------------
CML Web Design Ltd
Your complete web solution!


[ This message was edited by: ChrisL on 2016-08-19 11:36 ]



  Member Information For ChrisLProfile   Send Private Message To ChrisLPM   Go To ChrisL's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Member Messages

Search & Navigation


 

Log in to check your private messages



Please Login Or Register





  


 

[ Advanced Search ]

Jump To Forum: 


All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2004 CML Web Design. All rights reserved.
This site is built using MyPHPNuke.

Site designed by CML Web Design

Page took 0.032313 seconds to load.