Welcome To Aberdeen & District Pool League

Create An Account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Stats  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10 August 20, 2018  

Login
Nickname

Password

>> Register <<

Main Menu

Who's Online
There are currently, 88 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here.

Last Seen
samanthacramer: 7 hours, 8 minutes ago
blair2019: 1 day, 17 hours, 26 minutes ago
Jghnfg485: 2 days ago
nebucore1: 3 days ago
Al: 3 days ago
bhawnajassoria: 3 days ago
yaoxuemei: 3 days ago
atttechcare: 3 days ago
Jghnfg484: 3 days ago
Melaniatrump: 4 days ago
Khloekardashian1: 4 days ago
brighthousetech1: 4 days ago
hudson199: 4 days ago
joliemadona1: 4 days ago
adornasmith1: 4 days ago
Jghnfg489: 4 days ago
GDav3: 5 days ago
nathanandrews: 5 days ago
Jghnfg488: 6 days ago
Steve85: 6 days ago
Robinwright: 6 days ago
duncan: 6 days ago
Jghnfg477: 7 days ago
johanwilliam: 7 days ago
oliviawilson913: 7 days ago
hanganu247: 8 days ago
aoldesktopgolds: 10 days ago
adobecustomercare: 10 days ago
delltechcare: 10 days ago
katyperry: 10 days ago

Summer League
Topic: Summer League 2015

Moderated By: Al, ChrisL, a_j_scott
Aberdeen & District Pool League Forum Index
  »» Summer League
    »» Summer League 2015

Please Register To Post

Author Summer League 2015

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-04-07 20:18

I have been asked by a few folk now about this years Summer League, so here is the info:

Summer League 2015, Sponsored by The White Horse & Saltoun Arms

The 2015 Summer League will begin on 9th June 2015, and will run until the beginning of September. The format will be a group phase, where teams play each other twice home and away. Based on 4 groups, the top two from each group will qualify for the knockout stages with the 3rd placed team in each group qualifying for the consolation cup knockout stage.

This year there will be an additional optional extra cup, played amongst all the teams who enter the Summer League. A choice will be given on the registration form whether teams want to “Opt In” or “Opt Out” of the this cup which will be played on Thursdays and is Sponsored by The Saltoun Arms. A Separate Trophy and Prize Fund (Minimum £100) will be allocated for this competition.

This year, I am also running the Summer League Singles, which will be open to all players who are signed for a Summer League team ONLY, the entry cost for the singles competition will be £5.00 per player and all will be paid out in prize fund on the day.

Format – Group Phase

Each match works on a format of 3 Sets of 5 Frames and will be played to Blackball Rules. Players can play in all 3 sets but only once in each set. Minimum amount of players required is 5, however at least 8 are recommended due to work commitments etc.

The 1st and 2nd Placed teams from each group qualify for the Summer League Knockout Stages
The 3rd Place team from each group qualify for the Consolation Cup Knockout Stages
Any team finishing below 3rd place is eliminated from the competition at end of Group Phase.

Format – Knockout Phase (Summer League & Consoltation Cup) and Saltoun Cup

Each match in Knockout Phase will be 2 sets of 5 frames and one set of 4 frames. If the match is tied 7 v 7 after all frames have been played, a penalty shoot takes place to decide the winner.

The Saltoun Cup as detailed above is an optional new Thursday cup that will be played amongst all the teams that “Opt In” on the Registration form and will have a separate trophy and prize fund.
The Saltoun Arms will host the Semi Finals and Final of this competition.

Registration Information

Entry Fee will be £30 per team, I will be at Saltoun Arms on Saturday 30th May from 4pm to 9pm to collect entry fees and completed team registration sheet, which can be filled in on the night or e-mailed through in advance. Simply e-mail me at leagueresults@gmail.com and I will send an info pack through to you. If you wish to register earlier than 30th May, please contact me to arrange registration.

Deadline for entering a team is Saturday 30th May, 9pm. Group Draws will be carried out following day and fixture packs e-mailed to captains of registered teams. A fixture link to League Republic to view fixtures will be posted on ADPL Website and Facebook Page.

For more information, e-mail Allan Irvine at leagueresults@gmail.com

The Summer League is an Ideal opportunity for any new teams thinking of signing up to the main winter league to gain knowledge of the rules and how it all works on a match night.

2015 Competition Information

Rules Format

Rules will be current Blackball Rules

Match Format (Group Stages)

Match format is a 5 Man Team format, which is played in 3 sets of 5 frames, you can name the same players in each set, in any order, but no player can play twice in any one set. (Also, any player “subbed off” after 1st set, can be subbed “back on” again for 3rd set.) Any amount of substitutes are permitted for 2nd and 3rd set but all players must be registered with tournament/league organiser prior to match for them to be eligible to play. This can be done either on Team Registration Sheet prior to Summer League start or for new additions or transfers during summer league by e-mailing me at leagueresults@gmail.com or texting me on 07811297764. I will always confirm that I have received updated details.

All Matches to start at 7:30pm. All Summer League matches are likely to take place on a Tuesday, starting from 9th June 2015, but a few Thursday dates may also be included towards the end of the competition. Please allow some additional time to teams that may be travelling a fairly long distance in case of any traffic problems etc. Minimum of 5 players are required to complete each match, but I recommend having more than 5 available at each match in case of any late call offs due to holidays or work etc. The Saltoun Cup will be a Thursday only competition.

All matches should be played on the night the fixture it is scheduled for, however, matches can be re-arranged ONLY with the agreement of both team captains. In the event of this, can both team captains please inform me of postponement of match and the re-arranged date of match.

A referee is to be appointed to each frame with the home team first, thereafter on alternate basis. The referee will set up balls, remove two of them and invite the participating players to lag for the choice of breaker. Once decided the referee will complete racking the balls

IMPORTANT: Home venue is required to supply half time snacks to the teams and free table play for duration of the match. If for any reason this is not possible, then these venues will not be allowed to enter teams in the Summer League.

Please also note, that any players under the age of 18 registered may not be allowed to play in certain pubs/clubs, please check with venue first before including anyone under 18 in your squad on the match night that they will be allowed into the pub/club in question.

Fixtures

All teams that have registered will be split into groups, playing each other twice in each group. The teams placed 1st and 2nd (Based on 4 Groups) from each group will qualify for the Knockout Rounds of the Main Summer League Cup, currently held by Rileys Allstars. Teams placed 3rd in groups qualify for semi finals of Consolation Cup. (There are NO quarter finals of Consolation Cup this year).

The winner of the main Summer League will receive a trophy to keep for a year and a cash prize. Runners up will receive a cash prize also. Consolation Cup winners receive a trophy for the year and a cash prize.

Player Signing & Transfers

Players may be added to squads/transferred at any time after registration has been submitted up until the end of the Summer League group phases. From end of Group Phases, No New Signings or Transfers will be permitted. To register a new player or complete a transfer before end of group phase please either e-mail me at leagueresults@gmail.com and state your team and the players name that you are adding, if a transfer from another team please state which team the player is transferring from or text me the details on 07811297764.

Results

Please text all results to 07776337137 within 24 hours of match end, or e-mail result to leagueresults@gmail.com

Costs

Team Entry Cost = £30.00 Per Team.

I will be at Saltoun Arms on Saturday 30th May from 4pm to 9pm for registration. If any teams wish to register prior to this, please contact me to arrange suitable time.

Contact Details & Any Questions:

Tournament/League Organiser: Allan Irvine
Treasurer: Stephen Webster
E-Mail: leagueresults@gmail.com
Text: 07811297764.
Results Only: 07776337137

-----------------
Summer League Secretary

[ This message was edited by: Al on 2015-05-13 21:44 ]

Member Information For AlProfile   Send Private Message To AlPM   Go To Al's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-06-02 19:14

Slightly later than planned but here is draw.

Group A

White Horse
Sportsmans Club
Gilcomston
Murdo's Monchengladbach

Group B

Northern Hotel
Holburn Bar
Butchers Arms
Sportsman's loose cannons

Group C

East Enders
Fountain Lipsquad
Summer Sala (Saltoun Arms)
Bankhead Inn

Group D

Neptune
Murdo's Mutts
The Tap Inn's
Saltoun A

Thanks to Rebecca Jenkins for helping me carry out the draw, I will now get going with the fixtures. The Saltoun Cup draw is the next thing on the agenda, as we have 16 teams, I won't need the pre lim round so first matches with that will be on 25th June.

-----------------
Summer League Secretary

Member Information For AlProfile   Send Private Message To AlPM   Go To Al's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-06-07 19:47

Just noticed that I didn't put up the links on here to the groups
(even though each link has 2013 as the year, it is 2015 that you will be redirected to)

Group A: http://summerleague2013.leaguerepublic.com/l/fg/1_343177420.html

Group B: http://summerleague2013.leaguerepublic.com/l/fg/1_110786912.html

Group C: http://summerleague2013.leaguerepublic.com/l/fg/1_397126537.html

Group D: http://summerleague2013.leaguerepublic.com/l/fg/1_466978667.html

Saltoun Cup: http://summerleague2013.leaguerepublic.com/l/fg/2_822716555.html

First fixtures this Tuesday as scheduled and all results to 07776337137

-----------------
Summer League Secretary

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-06-08 22:49

Summer League 2015 - First Group Fixtures - Tuesday 9th June

All Results to: 07776337137

Good Luck to all teams in first group matches

Group A

Gilcomston v Sportsman's Club
Murdo's Monchengladbach v White Horse

Group B

Holburn Bar v Northern Hotel
Sportsman's Loose Cannons v Butchers Arms

Group C

East Enders (East End Club) v Summer Sala
Fountain Lipsquad v Bankhead Inn

Group D

Saltoun A v Neptune Bar
The Tap Inn's (Mither Tap) v Murdo's Mutts

-----------------
Summer League Secretary

[ This message was edited by: Al on 2015-06-09 13:50 ]

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-07-19 19:19

Summer League Knockout Phase Draw:

Please note, we now revert to two sets of 5, 1 set of 4, so that penalties become a potential in knockout phase:

Summer League Quarter Finals

All matches on 4th August 2015
All Result to: 07776337137 as usual

Bankhead Inn v Murdo's Mutts
Holburn v Sportsman's Spartans
Murdo's Monchengladbach v Northern Hotel
Saltoun A v Summer Sala

Consolation Cup Semi Finals

Both Matches Played at White Horse

Neptune v Fountain Lipsquad - Thursday 6th August

Butchers Arms v Gilcomston - Thursday 13th August

If anyone needs me to forward them match sheets for knockout stages e-mail leagueresults@gmail.com or contact via facebook.

Good Luck To All Teams.

-----------------
Summer League Secretary

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-08-04 22:36

Congratulations to Holburn, Bankhead Inn, Murdo's Monchengladbach and Saltoun A, who have all progressed to the Semi Finals of the Main Summer League Cup

I got league republic to carry out the draw a few mins ago and this was the draw

Both Matches are to be played at The White Horse, Great Northern Road.

Tuesday 11th August at White Horse
Saltoun A v Holburn Bar

Tuesday 18th August at White Horse
Bankhead Inn v Murdo's Monchengladbach

Good Luck to all teams.

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-08-07 14:09

Summer League Fixtures - Tuesday 11th August and Thursday 13th August

Both Results to 07776337137

Summer League Semi Final 1
Tuesday 11th August - Match to be played at White Horse
Saltoun A v Holburn Bar

Consolation Cup Semi Final 2
Thursday 13th August - Match to be played at White Horse
Butchers Arms v Gilcomston

Best of luck to all teams involved.

Member Messages

Search & Navigation

Please Login Or Register

[ Advanced Search ]

Jump To Forum: 

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2004 CML Web Design. All rights reserved.
This site is built using MyPHPNuke.

Site designed by CML Web Design

Page took 0.024156 seconds to load.