Welcome To Aberdeen & District Pool League

Create An Account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Stats  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10 July 19, 2018  

Login
Nickname

Password

>> Register <<

Main Menu

Who's Online
There are currently, 94 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here.

Last Seen
jamesbredon: 4 hours, 33 minutes ago
dobbin247: 19 hours, 42 minutes ago
wordprax: 23 hours, 44 minutes ago
martin2479: 3 days ago
Al: 5 days ago
bespoketailor: 6 days ago
balitek: 6 days ago
huangjian123: 7 days ago
fundmybizness: 7 days ago
latinamruitment: 9 days ago
chenjinyan: 9 days ago
boyle199: 10 days ago
willardboyle19: 14 days ago
furrybeast: 15 days ago
SharleenJoy: 16 days ago
AaronEckhart: 17 days ago
yahoosupport4: 17 days ago
naukritodayindia: 17 days ago
tnpscnews: 17 days ago
teaultimate: 21 days ago
himalayan-yoga: 21 days ago
doyle212: 23 days ago
lovevashikaran456: 25 days ago
careertabloid: 26 days ago
wigs248: 27 days ago
allitexpert: 28 days ago
rosesandra: 28 days ago
briannakevin: 28 days ago
madisonbella: 28 days ago
alexandraskye: 28 days ago

SPA
Topic: Aberdeen team selection

Moderated By: ChrisL, furrybeast, a_j_scott
Aberdeen & District Pool League Forum Index
  »» SPA
    »» Aberdeen team selection

Please Register To Post

Page 2 Of 2

Go To Page: 1 | 2

Author Aberdeen team selection

Spot
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-05 17:01

On 2015-02-05 15:50 , ChrisL Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

I dont think this thread was intended as a WR BB debate but Spot has once again decided to make it so.

If you would be so kind as to actually read the forum fully , you will find I started no debate re WR/BB. I merely stated that the best players in the ADPL are WR players , which is fact. Your committee man Furry cast the first stone by saying that argument was invalid , and Jamie carried on after that.

Please get your facts right

-----------------
John Hay

Member Information For SpotProfile   Send Private Message To SpotPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

titch1
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-05 17:13

!!! QUOTE !!!

I dont think this thread was intended as a WR BB debate but Spot has once again decided to make it so. The selection rules are what is important here and they would apply regardless of whether we put a select team to a WR event or BB one. If some players chose to not make themselves available then that is their problem and on their conscience given all that the league do for them. We have paid out over 10,000 for several years now every year. I personally think that for some players to happily play in the ADPL events and take the cash put up by the fellow players then turn their back on representing their home town in events is a poor show by them.
you mean players like those who decide to play for let's say Stonehaven for example after all the adpl do for them during the year.

Member Information For titch1Profile   Send Private Message To titch1PM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

ChrisL
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-06 12:02

Thats a fair point Titch I suppose but without the ADPL helping the WR Interleague in terms of having loads of different teams from ADPL players there probably wouldnt have been an event worth playing in. The events were usually badly organised and allowed for such things to happen just to boost the numbers!

Id be interested to know how you define 'WR Players' John and I think thats far too glib a statement to make to say that they are the best players in the ADPL. Presumably you include yourself in that lol? Id also be willing to bet all of them play Blackball every week at league level and are all entered into local BB events so are pretty much playing a lot more BB than WR!

Member Information For ChrisLProfile   Send Private Message To ChrisLPM   Go To ChrisL's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

FarleysAngel
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-06 12:44

On 2015-02-05 17:01 , Spot Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

!!! QUOTE !!!

I dont think this thread was intended as a WR BB debate but Spot has once again decided to make it so.

If you would be so kind as to actually read the forum fully , you will find I started no debate re WR/BB. I merely stated that the best players in the ADPL are WR players , which is fact. Your committee man Furry cast the first stone by saying that argument was invalid , and Jamie carried on after that.

Have a look at the 2 year rankings. I think the majority of top 10 / 15 players are SPA ;)

Member Information For FarleysAngelProfile   Send Private Message To FarleysAngelPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Spot
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-06 12:48

On 2015-02-06 12:02 , ChrisL Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

Id be interested to know how you define 'WR Players' John and I think thats far too glib a statement to make to say that they are the best players in the ADPL. Presumably you include yourself in that lol? Id also be willing to bet all of them play Blackball every week at league level and are all entered into local BB events so are pretty much playing a lot more BB than WR!

It is fairly simple to say who the WR players are , for the purpose of this discussion : the players who " CHOOSE " to play WR above league level.

No , I don't consider myself among the top players , although I am a WR player.

As for your third point , even you should realise that this is irrelevent , we are not discussing players who are forced to play BB at local/league level ,we are discussing the Super/interleague team , and my fact still stands , apart from one obvious exception in Patty , arguably THE best player in the ADPL , the majority of the rest of the top players are WR players and are not interested in SPA events.Are you saying that WR players should not be allowed to play in their local league nights if the league is BB ?

-----------------
John Hay

Member Information For SpotProfile   Send Private Message To SpotPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Spot
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-06 12:57

On 2015-02-06 12:44 , FarleysAngel Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

!!! QUOTE !!!

!!! QUOTE !!!

Have a look at the 2 year rankings. I think the majority of top 10 / 15 players are SPA ;)

Cheers Emma , ranking lists are a good pointer in this kind of discussion , but are not set in stone eg , where would you place Mike Clark in YOUR pick as the best players in ADPL ? I think everyone would have him in their top ten , probably top five , but he is down at 28 on that ranking list , so I stand by my statement that the majority of the top players are WR in ADPL

-----------------
John Hay

FarleysAngel
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-06 13:02

On 2015-02-06 12:57 , Spot Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

!!! QUOTE !!!

!!! QUOTE !!!

!!! QUOTE !!!

Cheers Emma , ranking lists are a good pointer in this kind of discussion , but are not set in stone eg , where would you place Mike Clark in YOUR pick as the best players in ADPL ? I think everyone would have him in their top ten , probably top five , but he is down at 28 on that ranking list , so I stand by my statement that the majority of the top players are WR in ADPL

You must be looking at an old one as he was top in the latest rankings lol!

Member Information For FarleysAngelProfile   Send Private Message To FarleysAngelPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Spot
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-06 14:05

On 2015-02-06 13:02 , FarleysAngel Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

On 2015-02-06 12:57 , Spot Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

!!! QUOTE !!!

!!! QUOTE !!!

!!! QUOTE !!!

You must be looking at an old one as he was top in the latest rankings lol!

From POTY link on homepage

-----------------
John Hay

[ This message was edited by: Spot on 2015-02-06 14:08 ]

sinks
Not too shy to talk

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-06 21:10

Think it was no 1 in Scotland on spa website after winning Scottish singles

Member Information For sinksProfile   Send Private Message To sinksPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Moderated By: ChrisL, furrybeast, a_j_scott
Aberdeen & District Pool League Forum Index
  »» SPA
    »» Aberdeen team selection

Please Register To Post

Page 2 Of 2

Go To Page: 1 | 2

Member Messages

Search & Navigation

Please Login Or Register

[ Advanced Search ]

Jump To Forum: 

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2004 CML Web Design. All rights reserved.
This site is built using MyPHPNuke.

Site designed by CML Web Design

Page took 0.037128 seconds to load.