Welcome To Aberdeen & District Pool League

Create An Account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Stats  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10 June 22, 2018  

Login
Nickname

Password

>> Register <<

Main Menu

Who's Online
There are currently, 90 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here.

Last Seen
wigs248: 2 hours, 32 minutes ago
allitexpert: 1 day, 8 hours, 40 minutes ago
rosesandra: 1 day, 12 hours, 33 minutes ago
briannakevin: 1 day, 12 hours, 33 minutes ago
madisonbella: 1 day, 12 hours, 34 minutes ago
alexandraskye: 1 day, 12 hours, 36 minutes ago
josephmerry: 1 day, 12 hours, 38 minutes ago
tnpscnews: 1 day, 14 hours, 49 minutes ago
GReid: 2 days ago
callen8199: 3 days ago
vapestop: 3 days ago
colineddie: 8 days ago
jamiscott: 8 days ago
Al: 11 days ago
lennor247: 11 days ago
huangliyue: 12 days ago
lennorris199: 13 days ago
qizhen0809: 13 days ago
seerat: 14 days ago
Rossco: 15 days ago
ChrisL: 17 days ago
cai123: 19 days ago
leilei3915: 22 days ago
Guycohen: 22 days ago
Eunald: 23 days ago
LatishaOlson: 28 days ago
charles234: 29 days ago
James345: 31 days ago
Oscar567: 34 days ago
Jack687: 34 days ago

SPA
Topic: Super 11s 2015

Moderated By: ChrisL, furrybeast, a_j_scott
Aberdeen & District Pool League Forum Index
  »» SPA
    »» Super 11s 2015

Please Register To Post

Page 3 Of 4

Go To Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Author Super 11s 2015

Staffe
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-03 15:11

On 2015-02-03 14:02 , furrybeast Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

You pay for the players you have on team sheet. Up to 12 is 2 vans. If you have 13-16 you need to take an extra van.

No drinkers in that team anyway..

Thats what I am saying though George, with Graham, Euan, Big Dave etc staying in the hotel again you would have enough room with just 2 vans. Anyway, feck all to do with me was just a thought

Member Information For StaffeProfile   Send Private Message To StaffePM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

furrybeast
Home away from home

ussr    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-03 15:48

Yes, but taking one more player would cost 160. It make no difference where anyone stays. Then, once you take the extra caravan, it makes financial sense to fill it. This is what we wanted to avoid. We don't want a massive squad of players.

Hope that's a better explanation.

Member Information For furrybeastProfile   Send Private Message To furrybeastPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Staffe
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-03 15:59

On 2015-02-03 15:48 , furrybeast Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

Yes, but taking one more player would cost 160. It make no difference where anyone stays. Then, once you take the extra caravan, it makes financial sense to fill it. This is what we wanted to avoid. We don't want a massive squad of players.

Hope that's a better explanation.

Apologies George I thought you just had to pay for two vans if guys were staying in the Hotel.

Member Information For StaffeProfile   Send Private Message To StaffePM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Snakeyes
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-03 16:46

Good luck Andy and the team! Just hope everyone is at the venue on time before a match starts!lol

Member Information For SnakeyesProfile   Send Private Message To SnakeyesPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Reidzer
Just can't stay away

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-04 07:44

Just a quick question.

have u thought about speaking to people see who can make it at last min incase patty cant make it due to work. from what im hearing Euan hasn't played in the early game on Sat or Sun for the past 2 years so we would need another player.

Member Information For ReidzerProfile   Send Private Message To ReidzerPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Staffe
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-04 08:46

Forgot to say yesterday I was pretty dissappointed for Norm Fettes. Turned down a place in the Scotland B team for Malta(SEPF) so he could play in the Supers (SPA) and then didnt get picked in the 12.He must be gutted

furrybeast
Home away from home

ussr    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-04 09:42

On 2015-02-04 07:44 , Reidzer Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

Just a quick question.

have u thought about speaking to people see who can make it at last min incase patty cant make it due to work. from what im hearing Euan hasn't played in the early game on Sat or Sun for the past 2 years so we would need another player.

That is covered if it comes to it.

Member Information For furrybeastProfile   Send Private Message To furrybeastPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

furrybeast
Home away from home

ussr    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-04 10:04

On 2015-02-04 08:46 , Staffe Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

Forgot to say yesterday I was pretty dissappointed for Norm Fettes. Turned down a place in the Scotland B team for Malta(SEPF) so he could play in the Supers (SPA) and then didnt get picked in the 12.He must be gutted

Nobody was ever guaranteed a start by putting their name down.

From post 3 of this thread---

"The division One event will take place on the 6-8th March at PB. With only one team of 11-15 players, many will unfortunately be disappointed I fear."

I had no input in the team selection, and yes, I would have not picked exactly the same team, nor I suspect would you, or anyone else for that matter.

Norman will undoubtedly feature in Aberdeen teams of the future. As will many of the other players who were not selected this time round.

I am about to start another thread, the content of which will be relevant to this.

Reidzer
Just can't stay away

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-04 10:10

On 2015-02-04 09:42 , furrybeast Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

On 2015-02-04 07:44 , Reidzer Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

Just a quick question.

That is covered if it comes to it.

Cheers George

Member Information For ReidzerProfile   Send Private Message To ReidzerPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

furrybeast
Home away from home

ussr    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-04 13:17

These are the polo shirt orders I have to date. I'll be ordering on Monday. Please check you definitely have a polo-shirt, or get in touch if not. Thanks.

Pat McCarron        1xXL
Trevor Wood        2xM
Grant Turnbull        1xM
Kev McAlley        1xS
Norman Fettes         2xL

[ This message was edited by: furrybeast on 2015-02-09 10:07 ]

Kimi
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-07 16:55

After some deliberation and concern from some players I've decided to extend the team to 14 players just to ensure we have enough cover.

This will mean an extra tenner or so from everybody but I'm sure you'll all understand it's for the greater good. George will have the exact figures later on.

As the first reserve Norman has accepted the 13th position with George Henderson being our anchor man.

Super 11 Squad

1) Andy Gray (Capt)
2) Kev Coutts
3) Patty McCarron
4) Nicky Duncan
5) Andy Reid
6) Trevor Wood
7) Dave Wardleworth
8) Gav Anderson
9) Paul Simpson
10) Grant Turnbull
11) Kev McAlley
12) Euan Jessieman
13) Norman Fettes
14) George Henderson

[ This message was edited by: Kimi on 2015-02-09 09:37 ]

Member Information For KimiProfile   Send Private Message To KimiPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

ChrisL
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-09 10:37

Good luck lads! Always a great weekend at Pettycur Bay.

-----------------
CML Web Design Ltd
Your complete web solution!

[ This message was edited by: ChrisL on 2015-02-09 10:38 ]

Member Information For ChrisLProfile   Send Private Message To ChrisLPM   Go To ChrisL's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

furrybeast
Home away from home

ussr    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-11 10:32

That's the 3rd van paid for, and the polo shirts ordered. The total each player needs to pay is now 50 + 10 for each polo shirt ordered.

I am happy to wait until the event, but as I am personally about 600 out of pocket until then, I'd be grateful for any early payments. pm for bank details if you don't already have them.

There will be quite a few spare beds in the vans, as some of the players chose to stay in the hotel. So, if anyone fancies coming down for a night or 2 to cheer on the team, I could offer them a bed for a tenner a night. Obviously any proceeds from this would be split between the team.

KevMcAlley
Just popping in

blank    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-11 12:46

I'd be looking to go down anytime from 1pm onwards on the Friday and coming back on the Sunday (if possible?), is there anyone driving around these times?

George message me your details please.

Member Information For KevMcAlleyProfile   Send Private Message To KevMcAlleyPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

furrybeast
Home away from home

ussr    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-11 13:32

pm'd you on here Kev.

I'll find out who is all driving, and we'll sort out lifts for those who need it a bit closer to the event

furrybeast
Home away from home

ussr    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-12 12:53

Draw has been announced HERE We are in Group 4 (access by clicking the tab at the bottom of page)

9pm start on the Friday and better times than we had at the 15s all round I'd say. Gonna be a tough group to qualify from.

Kimi
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-02-12 17:26

Qualify 1st, blitz the opposition and take the trophy home. JOB DONE

Member Information For KimiProfile   Send Private Message To KimiPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Kimi
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-03-03 12:09

On 2015-02-07 16:55 , Kimi Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

After some deliberation and concern from some players I've decided to extend the team to 14 players just to ensure we have enough cover.

This will mean an extra tenner or so from everybody but I'm sure you'll all understand it's for the greater good. George will have the exact figures later on.

As the first reserve Norman has accepted the 13th position with George Henderson being our anchor man.

Super 11 Squad

1) Andy Gray (Capt)
2) Kev Coutts
3) Michael Rennie
4) Nicky Duncan
5) Andy Reid
6) Trevor Wood
7) Dave Wardleworth
8) Gav Anderson
9) Paul Simpson
10) Grant Turnbull
11) Kev McAlley
12) Euan Jessieman
13) Norman Fettes
14) George Henderson

My thanks to Cherry who, with short notice, has taken the place of Patty who couldn't make it due the work commitments. We still have a great team and every chance of winning. See every1 on Friday!

Reidzer
Just can't stay away

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-03-03 13:21

is Graham Reid not going now?

Kimi
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2015-03-03 13:42

Nope, he told George a few weeks ago he wasn't playing.

Moderated By: ChrisL, furrybeast, a_j_scott
Aberdeen & District Pool League Forum Index
  »» SPA
    »» Super 11s 2015

Please Register To Post

Page 3 Of 4

Go To Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Member Messages

Search & Navigation

Please Login Or Register

[ Advanced Search ]

Jump To Forum: 

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2004 CML Web Design. All rights reserved.
This site is built using MyPHPNuke.

Site designed by CML Web Design

Page took 0.047233 seconds to load.