Welcome To Aberdeen & District Pool League

Create An Account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Stats  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10 August 14, 2018  

Login
Nickname

Password

>> Register <<

Main Menu

Who's Online
There are currently, 94 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here.

Last Seen
Robinwright: 5 hours, 14 minutes ago
duncan: 13 hours, 43 minutes ago
Jghnfg477: 18 hours, 30 minutes ago
johanwilliam: 23 hours, 30 minutes ago
oliviawilson913: 1 day, 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
hanganu247: 2 days ago
atttechcare: 4 days ago
aoldesktopgolds: 4 days ago
adobecustomercare: 4 days ago
delltechcare: 4 days ago
katyperry: 4 days ago
Steve85: 4 days ago
amarawalter: 5 days ago
aliciakeys: 5 days ago
hussnain: 5 days ago
amandalove: 5 days ago
Al: 5 days ago
JackKlark: 6 days ago
qizhen0809: 6 days ago
aolemaillogin: 7 days ago
BeckySpencer: 7 days ago
yaoxuemei: 8 days ago
magicmushtqali: 8 days ago
davidson119: 8 days ago
ayers247: 10 days ago
Godgieds22: 11 days ago
furrybeast: 13 days ago
niajax: 14 days ago
unitedsoftwareconsultants: 14 days ago
nikkihope: 17 days ago

Summer League
Topic: Summer League 2014

Moderated By: Al, ChrisL, a_j_scott
Aberdeen & District Pool League Forum Index
  »» Summer League
    »» Summer League 2014

Please Register To Post

Page 1 Of 3

Go To Page: 1 | 2 | 3

Author Summer League 2014

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-02-25 14:08

Aberdeen Summer League 2014, Sponsored by The White Horse, Great Northern Road, Aberdeen.

The 2014 Summer League will begin on 3rd June 2014, and will run until End of August. The format will be a group phase, where teams play each other twice home and away. Based on 4 groups, the top two from each group will qualify for the knockout stages.

Each match works on a new format of 2 Sets of 5 Frames and One Set of 4 Frames and will be played to Blackball Rules. Players can play in all 3 sets but only once in each set. Minimum amount of players required is 5, however at least 8 are recommended due to work commitments etc.

Entry Fee will REMAIN at £25 per team and I will be at The White Horse on 31st May from 5pm to 8pm to collect entry fees and completed team registration sheet, which can be filled in on the night or e-mailed through in advance. Simply e-mail me at leagueresults@gmail.com and I will send an info pack through to you. If you wish to register earlier than 31st May, please contact me to arrange registration.

Deadline for entering a team is Saturday 31st May, 8pm. Group Draws will be carried out following day and fixture packs e-mailed to captains of registered teams. A fixture link to League Republic to view fixtures will be posted on ADPL Website and Facebook Page.

For more information, e-mail Allan Irvine at leagueresults@gmail.com

The Summer League is an Ideal opportunity for any new teams thinking of signing up to the main winter league to gain knowledge of the rules and how it all works on a match night.

The change in match format has been brought about to introduce the possibility of a draw in the Summer League group phase and to introduce a possibility of a penalty shoot out if matches are tied in the knockout round. I am confident this will make the matches even more competitive. This will be the test season for it, if its popular great, if not I will drop it for 2015.

2014 Information

Rules Format

Rules will be current Blackball Rules

Match Format

Match format is a 5 Man Team format, which is played in 2 sets of 5 frames and one set of 4 frames (3rd Set is 4 frames), you can name the same players in each set, in any order, but no player can play twice in any one set. (Also, any player “subbed off” after 1st set, can be subbed “back on” again for 3rd set.) Any amount of substitutes are permitted for 2nd and 3rd set but all players must be registered with tournament/league organiser prior to match for them to be eligible to play. This can be done either on Team Registration Sheet prior to Summer League start or for new additions or transfers during summer league by e-mailing me at leagueresults@gmail.com or texting me on 07811297764. I will always confirm that I have received updated details.

All Matches to start at 7:30pm. All matches are likely to take place on a Tuesday, starting from 3rd June 2014, but a few Thursday dates may also be included. Please allow some additional time to teams that may be travelling a fairly long distance in case of any traffic problems etc. Minimum of 5 players are required to complete each match, but I recommend having more than 5 available at each match in case of any late call offs due to holidays or work etc.

All matches should be played on the night the fixture it is scheduled for, however, matches can be re-arranged ONLY with the agreement of both team captains. In the event of this, can both team captains please inform me of postponement of match and the re-arranged date of match.

A referee is to be appointed to each frame with the home team first, thereafter on alternate basis. The referee will set up balls, remove two of them and invite the participating players to lag for the choice of breaker. Once decided the referee will complete racking the balls

IMPORTANT: Home venue is required to supply half time snacks to the teams and free table play for duration of the match. If for any reason this is not possible, then these venues will not be allowed to enter teams in the Summer League.

Please also note, that any players under the age of 18 registered may not be allowed to play in certain pubs/clubs, please check with venue first before including anyone under 18 in your squad on the match night that they will be allowed into the pub/club in question.

Fixtures

All teams that have registered will be split into groups, playing each other twice in each group. The teams placed 1st and 2nd (Based on 4 Groups) from each group will qualify for the Knockout Rounds of the Main Summer League Cup, currently held by The White Horse. Teams placed 3rd in groups qualify for semi finals of Consolation Cup. (There is no quarter finals of Consolation Cup this year).

The winner of the main Summer League will receive a trophy to keep for a year and a cash prize. Runners up will receive a cash prize and trophy also. Consolation Cup winners receive a trophy for the year and a cash prize.

Player Signing & Transfers

Players may be added to squads/transferred at any time after registration has been submitted up until the end of the Summer League group phases. From end of Group Phases, No New Signings or Transfers will be permitted. To register a new player or complete a transfer before end of group phase please either e-mail me at leagueresults@gmail.com and state your team and the players name that you are adding, if a transfer from another team please state which team the player is transferring from or text me the details on 07811297764.

Results

Please text all results to 07776337137 within 24 hours of match end, or e-mail result to leagueresults@gmail.com

Costs

Team Entry Cost = £25.00 Per Team.

I will be at White Horse on Saturday 31st May from 5pm to 8pm for registration. If any teams wish to register prior to this, please contact me to arrange suitable time.

Contact Details & Any Questions:

Tournament/League Organiser: Allan Irvine
Treasurer: Stephen Webster
E-Mail: leagueresults@gmail.com
Text: 07811297764.
Results Only: 07776337137

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

Member Information For AlProfile   Send Private Message To AlPM   Go To Al's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-04-16 14:12

Bump

Member Information For AlProfile   Send Private Message To AlPM   Go To Al's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-04-29 16:32

Registration Packs now available, if you have already requested one, they are on the way. Thanks to all who have requested one so far.

Registration Packs sent out so far:

If you need one and are not listed below, please post a reminder for me. Thanks.

1. Locker Room A (Paid)
2. Locker Room B (Paid)
3. Butchers Arms
4. Saltoun Arms A - Paid
5. Saltoun Arms B - Paid
6. Mither Tap - Paid
7. Central Bar
8. Croft Tavern
9. Murdo's
10. Rileys A (TBC)
11. Rileys B (TBC)
12. Neptune (Paid)
13. Rowan Tree
14. White Horse A
15. White Horse B (TBC)
16. Fountain
17. Ian Lester Team
18. Northern Hotel

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

[ This message was edited by: Al on 2014-05-26 18:08 ]

derek
Home away from home

blank    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-05-10 12:42

White Horse will have defo 1 team but most probably 2 teams Al.

Member Information For derekProfile   Send Private Message To derekPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

IggyID
Just popping in

england    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-05-17 16:39

Hi Allan,
         Have E-Mailed you today hopefully not too late to enter a new team.
A few of my work colleagues would like to see what it is all about.
Will not be in otwn on the 31st May so would like to pay earlier if thats okay.
Cheers,
Ian Lester

Member Information For IggyIDProfile   Send Private Message To IggyIDPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-05-21 16:29

On 2014-05-17 16:39 , IggyID Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

Hi Allan,
         Have E-Mailed you today hopefully not too late to enter a new team.
A few of my work colleagues would like to see what it is all about.
Will not be in otwn on the 31st May so would like to pay earlier if thats okay.
Cheers,
Ian Lester

Reg Pack and Bank Details sent on 18th, let me know if you did not get it.

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-05-26 18:07

Just a reminder that registration day is this Saturday, 31st May at White Horse between 5pm and 8pm. I will have registration packs with me for any teams that need one on the night. No late entries accepted as Draw will be done on 1st June and all team captains will be texted fixtures for first week on 3rd June. I will also post fixtures on here with League Republic link and on Facebook.

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-05-30 12:26

SUMMER LEAGUE REGISTRATION REMINDER

TOMORROW - AT WHITE HORSE BETWEEN 5PM AND 8PM

REGISTRATION PACKS AVAILABLE ON THE NIGHT IF NEEDED.

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-06-01 12:24

The final total of entries was 17 this year and the draw was carried out last night at the White Horse. I will be shortly working on the fixtures but here is how the groups worked out in the random draw.

Group B was chosen as the group with 5 teams, all other groups are 4 teams each.

Group A

1. Gilcomston
2. Saltoun A
3. Stormin Normans Cherry Gunns (Rileys)
4. Cloverleaf
5. Riley's Strupip

Group B

1. Rileys Drongo's
2. Neptune
3. Rowan Tree
4. White Horse
5. Butchers Arms

Group C

1. Locker Room Allstars
2. Locker Room Randoms
3. Saltoun Reserves
4. The Tap Inns (Mither Tap)

Group D

1. Northern Hotel
2. Fountain Lipsquad
3. Central Bar
4. Murdo's Mavericks

Fixtures will be posted later this afternoon.

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

[ This message was edited by: Al on 2014-06-03 13:15 ]

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-06-01 14:39

Okay, thats the fixtures ready. After playing about with league republic a bit, I have decided to go with staggered fixtures so that all groups finish at the same time. The way it was working out was that all the groups with 4 teams would be completed by early July, meaning a gap of month until group b (5 teams) was completed, this is too long of a gap, so by staggering the fixtures it means that the gap is avoided to a degree.

So, Groups A, C and D, start on 10th June and end on 29th July

Group B Starts on 3rd June and Ends on 5th August.

Here are the fixtures for 3rd June and 10th June

3rd June - Group B only

Neptune v Butchers Arms
Rowan Tree v White Horse

10th June

Group A

Gilcomston v Cloverleaf
Rileys Strupip v Saltoun A

Group B

Riley's Drongo's v Rowan Tree
White Horse v Neptune

Group C

Locker Room Allstars v Saltoun Reserves
The Tap Inns v Locker Room Randoms

Group D

Central Bar v Fountain Lipsquad
Northern Hotel v Murdo's Mavericks

Links:

Group A: http://summerleague2012.leaguerepublic.com/l/fg/1_341718492.html

Group B: http://summerleague2012.leaguerepublic.com/l/fg/1_233186587.html

Group C: http://summerleague2012.leaguerepublic.com/l/fg/1_793884363.html

Group D: http://summerleague2012.leaguerepublic.com/l/fg/1_245069909.html

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

[ This message was edited by: Al on 2014-06-03 13:31 ]

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-06-01 15:44

Texts/facebook messages sent to all teams regarding first weeks fixtures in their respective groups so all teams should now be aware.

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-06-03 12:52

I have decided to accept a late entry from Ian Lester in Group A, this will mean a change to fixtures in that group.

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-06-06 17:25

Right, had a bit of a nightmare with League Republic and the fixtures posting both Saltoun Teams either at home at same time or away at same time, so I have been working to correct the issue and it now looks like everything is in order and no two home teams will be fighting for the one table.

I can now confirm that the fixtures on Tuesday 10th June 2014 will now be

Group A

Gilcomston v Saltoun A
Rileys Strupip v Cloverleaf
Free Week = Stormin Norman's Cherry Gunns

Group B (No Change)

Rileys Drongo's v Rowan Tree
White Horse v Neptune Bar
Free Week = Butchers Arms

Group C

Locker Room Allstars v The Tap Inns
Saltoun Reserves v Locker Room Randoms

Group D (No Change)

Tuesday 17th June 2014 is as follows:

Group A

Cloverleaf V Gilcomston
Stormin Normans Cherry Guns v Rileys Strupup
Free Week = Saltoun A

Group B

Butchers Arms v Rileys Drongo's
Neptune Bar v Rowan Tree
Free Week = White Horse

Group C

Locker Room Randoms v The Tap Inns
Saltoun Reserves v Locker Room Allstars

Group D

Central Bar v Northern Hotel
Fountain v Murdo's Mavericks

Some teams will have two away games in a row but this will balance itself out in 2nd half of season.

I apologise for the confusion but hopefully that's all the teething issues sorted now.

I will e-mail each team captain with their fixtures for the whole group phase as they now are.

Allan.

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-06-09 18:52

Aberdeen Summer League Fixtures - Tuesday 10th June 2014, 7:30pm for all matches.

All results to be text to 07776337137 - if any problems regarding tomorrow's matches text/email me or send message via facebook asap.

Group A

Gilcomston v Saltoun A
Rileys Strupip v Cloverleaf
Free Week = Stormin Norman's Cherry Gunns

Group B

Rileys Drongo's v Rowan Tree
White Horse v Neptune Bar
Free Week = Butchers Arms

Group C

Locker Room Allstars v The Tap Inns
Saltoun Reserves v Locker Room Randoms

Group D

As for Knockout Stages:

Proposed dates for Knockout Stages of Summer League/Consolation subject to Colin at White Horse being okay with dates, but do not expect any problems:

All being well Quarter Finals will be played on 12th and 14th August. (Winner Group A plays Runner Up Group B etc)

Then transferring to White Horse for remaining matches

Summer League Semi Final 1 - 14th August
(Moved from 19th August due ADPL AGM)
Consolation Cup Semi Final 1 - 21st August
Summer League Semi Final 2 - 26th August
Consolation Cup Semi Final 2 - 28th August
Summer League Final - 2nd September
Consolation Cup Final - 4th September

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

[ This message was edited by: Al on 2014-07-14 16:13 ]

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-06-11 11:02

All results updated.

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

[ This message was edited by: Al on 2014-06-11 11:33 ]

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-06-18 12:57

Just awaiting Locker Room Randoms v The Tap Inns Result.

spoon
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-06-18 13:27

just chased darren for the final score we were 12-2 up against tapinns

Member Information For spoonProfile   Send Private Message To spoonPM   Go To spoon's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-06-18 13:53

On 2014-06-18 13:27 , spoon Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

Cheers 11 v 4 has now been sent in. So All Results Updated.

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

martinc
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-06-19 10:26

On 2014-06-18 13:53 , Al Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

On 2014-06-18 13:27 , spoon Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

Cheers 11 v 4 has now been sent in. So All Results Updated.

12-2 to 11-4 in 1 frame how that happen :)

Member Information For martincProfile   Send Private Message To martincPM   Go To martinc's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

spoon
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2014-06-19 15:36

lol not sure, wasnt paying much attention

Member Information For spoonProfile   Send Private Message To spoonPM   Go To spoon's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Moderated By: Al, ChrisL, a_j_scott
Aberdeen & District Pool League Forum Index
  »» Summer League
    »» Summer League 2014

Please Register To Post

Page 1 Of 3

Go To Page: 1 | 2 | 3

Member Messages

Search & Navigation

Please Login Or Register

[ Advanced Search ]

Jump To Forum: 

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2004 CML Web Design. All rights reserved.
This site is built using MyPHPNuke.

Site designed by CML Web Design

Page took 0.039962 seconds to load.