Welcome To Aberdeen & District Pool League

Create An Account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Stats  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10 August 14, 2018  

Login
Nickname

Password

>> Register <<

Main Menu

Who's Online
There are currently, 93 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here.

Last Seen
Robinwright: 5 hours, 14 minutes ago
duncan: 13 hours, 43 minutes ago
Jghnfg477: 18 hours, 30 minutes ago
johanwilliam: 23 hours, 30 minutes ago
oliviawilson913: 1 day, 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
hanganu247: 2 days ago
atttechcare: 4 days ago
aoldesktopgolds: 4 days ago
adobecustomercare: 4 days ago
delltechcare: 4 days ago
katyperry: 4 days ago
Steve85: 4 days ago
amarawalter: 5 days ago
aliciakeys: 5 days ago
hussnain: 5 days ago
amandalove: 5 days ago
Al: 5 days ago
JackKlark: 6 days ago
qizhen0809: 6 days ago
aolemaillogin: 7 days ago
BeckySpencer: 7 days ago
yaoxuemei: 8 days ago
magicmushtqali: 8 days ago
davidson119: 8 days ago
ayers247: 10 days ago
Godgieds22: 11 days ago
furrybeast: 13 days ago
niajax: 14 days ago
unitedsoftwareconsultants: 14 days ago
nikkihope: 17 days ago

Summer League
Topic: Summer League 2013

Moderated By: Al, ChrisL, a_j_scott
Aberdeen & District Pool League Forum Index
  »» Summer League
    »» Summer League 2013

Please Register To Post

Page 1 Of 6

Go To Page: 1 | 2 | 3 |  
Jump To Page:

Author Summer League 2013

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-02-28 19:03

Aberdeen Summer League 2013, Sponsored by Northern Hotel and White Horse.

The 2013 Summer League will begin on 4th June 2013, and will run until End of August. The format will be a group stage, where teams play each other twice home and away. Based on 4 groups, the top two from each group will qualify for the knockout stages.

Each match works on 3 Sets of 5 Frames and will be played to World Rules. Players can play in all 3 sets but only once in each set. Minimum amount of players required is 5, however at least 8 are recommended due to work commitments etc.

Entry Fee will REMAIN at £25 per team and I will be at Rileys every remaining match evening from Tuesday 12th March from 4pm – 7:30pm to collect entry fees and completed team registration sheet, which can be filled in on the night or e-mailed through in advance. Simply e-mail me at leagueresults@gmail.com and I will send an info pack through to you.

Deadline for entering a team is Saturday 1st June, between 6pm and 9pm – No late Entries will be accepted as draws will be carried out following day and fixture packs e-mailed to captains of registered teams. A fixture link to League Republic to view fixtures will be posted on ADPL Website and Facebook Page.

For more information, e-mail Allan Irvine at leagueresults@gmail.com

The Summer League is and Ideal opportunity for any new teams thinking of signing up to the main winter league to gain knowledge of the rules and how it all works on a match night.

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

[ This message was edited by: Al on 2013-04-18 16:45 ]

Member Information For AlProfile   Send Private Message To AlPM   Go To Al's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-02-28 19:04

Aberdeen Summer League 2013
Entry available from 12th March 2013

Information

Rules Format

Rules will be current World Rules

Match Format

Match format is a 5 Man Team format, which is played in 3 sets of 5 frames, you can name the same players in each set, in any order, but no player can play twice in any one set. (Also, any player “subbed off” after 1st set, can be subbed “back on” again for 3rd set.) Any amount of substitutes are permitted for 2nd and 3rd set but all players must be registered with tournament/league organiser prior to match for them to be eligible to play. This can be done either on Team Registration Sheet prior to Summer League start or for new additions or transfers during summer league by e-mailing me at leagueresults@gmail.com or texting me on 07811297764. I will always confirm that I have received updated details.

All Matches to start at 7:30pm. All matches are likely to take place on a Tuesday, starting from 4th June 2013, but a few Thursday dates may also be included. Please allow some additional time to teams that may be travelling a fairly long distance in case of any traffic problems etc. Minimum of 5 players are required to complete each match, but I recommend having more than 5 available at each match in case of any late call offs due to holidays or work etc.

All matches should be played on the night the fixture it is scheduled for, however, matches can be re-arranged ONLY with the agreement of both team captains. In the event of this, can both team captains please inform me of postponement of match and the re-arranged date of match.

A referee is to be appointed to each frame with the home team first, thereafter on alternate basis. The referee will set up balls, remove two of them and invite the participating players to lag for the choice of breaker. Once decided the referee will complete racking the balls

Home venue is requested to supply half time snacks to the teams and free table play for duration of the match. If for any reason this is not possible, please let me know so I can inform away teams in advance not to expect any snacks or that they have to pay a share towards table costs.

Please also note, that any players under the age of 18 registered may not be allowed to play in certain pubs/clubs, please check with venue first before including anyone under 18 in your squad on the match night that they will be allowed into the pub/club in question.

Fixtures

All teams that have registered will be split into groups, playing each other twice in each group. The teams placed 1st and 2nd (Based on 4 Groups) from each group will qualify for the Knockout Rounds of the Main Summer League Cup, currently held by Rileys Allstars. At this point there are no plans for a consolation cup, however if plenty of entries, I will bring this into play for teams that finish 3rd and 4th in each group.

The winner of the main Summer League will receive a trophy to keep for a year and a cash prize. Runners up will receive a cash prize also. The Winners and Runners Up for the Consolation Cup if it goes ahead will also receive a cash prize albeit a smaller amount than the Main Summer League Cup but still a worthwhile amount.

Player Signing & Transfers

Players may be added to squads/transferred at any time after registration has been submitted up until the end of the Summer League group phases. From end of Group Phases, No New Signings or Transfers will be permitted. To register a new player or complete a transfer before end of group phase please either e-mail me at leagueresults@gmail.com and state your team and the players name that you are adding, if a transfer from another team please state which team the player is transferring from or text me the details on 07811297764.

Results

Please text all results to 07776337137 within 24 hours of match end, or e-mail result to leagueresults@gmail.com - Please do not send results to the ADPL results phone results phone number it will NOT be used for Summer League.
Costs

Team Entry Cost = £25.00 Per Team – All goes towards Prize Fund
Team Entry Can be made anytime From Tuesday 12th March to Deadline Day of Saturday 1st June, 9pm.

I will be in Rileys most match nights between 12th March and of course on deadline date of 1st June from 6pm to 9pm.

Contact Details & Any Questions (e-mail quickest)

Tournament/League Organiser: Allan Irvine
Treasurer: Stephen Webster
E-Mail: leagueresults@gmail.com
Text: 07811297764.
Results Only: 07776337137

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

[ This message was edited by: Al on 2013-04-10 15:14 ]

Member Information For AlProfile   Send Private Message To AlPM   Go To Al's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-03-07 15:05

Post Below if you are planning on entering a Summer League Team for 2013 so I can get an early indication of numbers please.

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

[ This message was edited by: Al on 2013-03-07 15:09 ]

kevd1983
Home away from home

blank    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-03-07 16:06

Al, we wont have a summer league team out of enigma, and looks like we wont have a team out the league next season .

Member Information For kevd1983Profile   Send Private Message To kevd1983PM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Wayno
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-03-12 08:17

I have a young lad who has just started working for me looking to get into a team. He is aiming at the bottom league and working his way up so preferably a team with no ambition of winning the summer league.

Member Information For WaynoProfile   Send Private Message To WaynoPM   Go To Wayno's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

BigGee
Not too shy to talk

blank    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-03-12 15:46

Al, Ferryhill A will have a summer league team entered this year.

Member Information For BigGeeProfile   Send Private Message To BigGeePM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-03-12 17:46

On 2013-03-12 15:46 , BigGee Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

Al, Ferryhill A will have a summer league team entered this year.

Good Stuff. Chris will soon put up links to download entry forms and match sheets etc. But anyone needing a summer league pack in meantime, just private mail me e-mail address or e-mail me at leagueresults@gmail.com and I will send you a Summer League Pack.

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

[ This message was edited by: Al on 2013-03-12 17:47 ]

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-03-17 11:13

Can Rileys Allstars drop off trophy at Rileys when they get a chance so I can get it in for engraving ahead of this years tournament. Thanks.

Aaron
Quite a regular

blank    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-03-17 19:54

Yeah no bother Al, ill get it in there sometime this week

Member Information For AaronProfile   Send Private Message To AaronPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-03-18 11:50

On 2013-03-17 19:54 , Aaron Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

Yeah no bother Al, ill get it in there sometime this week

Cheers, won't be in by Rileys until probably early next week anyhow so plenty of time.

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-03-28 01:46

Have decided that will be just one day for team registration. On 1st June at Rileys between 4pm and 8pm. Draw for group stages following day. Teams can register and pay prior to 1st June by e-mailing me at leagueresults@gmail.com or texting 07811297764 and can make arrangements as required. No entries accepted after deadline day on 1st June though.

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

[ This message was edited by: Al on 2013-04-10 15:12 ]

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-04-08 18:38

Been told that a new team being formed for this from a fairly new venue. Campus are putting in a team called Campus Cowboys! Good to see a new venue putting in a team. Also, Saltoun Arms have requested and been sent two registration packs.

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

[ This message was edited by: Al on 2013-04-10 15:16 ]

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-04-10 21:28

Happy to say that Croft Tavern can be added to list, out of credit on phone so can't reply til tomorrow but received text and numbers looking healthy for this year.

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-04-12 01:15

Any Rileys teams for 2013 Summer League. Was loads last year but not heard of any as yet for this year so far.

mikie
Just can't stay away

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-04-12 07:53

Hi Al.
Just a heads up, the Greentrees in Dyce now have a pool table in the Lounge. Might be worth approaching the owner to see if he would be interested in a summer league team, his names Steve.
Mike.

Member Information For mikieProfile   Send Private Message To mikiePM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

ChrisL
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-04-12 09:25

Also had an email from the The Thistle Bar looking to have a pool team again. I gave them your details Al and also information on joining the ADPL.

Member Information For ChrisLProfile   Send Private Message To ChrisLPM   Go To ChrisL's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

spoon
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-04-12 09:34

Al could you email me the details as i will prob put a team in again

Member Information For spoonProfile   Send Private Message To spoonPM   Go To spoon's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-04-12 10:51

Will get in touch with Greentree's this afternoon, no harm in asking, Be good to see a new venue entering, cheers Chris for passing on info to Thistle and Ewan, E-mail on its way.

original
Just can't stay away

ireland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-04-12 12:51

Al, noticed change of sponsor this year, didnt Rileys offer to sponsor it?

Member Information For originalProfile   Send Private Message To originalPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2013-04-12 13:01

On 2013-04-12 12:51 , original Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

Al, noticed change of sponsor this year, didnt Rileys offer to sponsor it?

I won't go into this in any detail but can confirm Rileys were offered sponsorship as they were the sponsors last year. They turned it down, therefore contacted local Aberdeen venues and decided to go with Northern Hotel who gave me no delays in an answer at all and are now the sponsor for this years Summer League and delighted to have them on board, not only for Summer League but are also hosting a charity friday night pool tournament as well. I think overall after 4 months of waiting for an answer from Rileys Head Office that this is a good move and supports local venues in Aberdeen.

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

Moderated By: Al, ChrisL, a_j_scott
Aberdeen & District Pool League Forum Index
  »» Summer League
    »» Summer League 2013

Please Register To Post

Page 1 Of 6

Go To Page: 1 | 2 | 3 |  
Jump To Page:

Member Messages

Search & Navigation

Please Login Or Register

[ Advanced Search ]

Jump To Forum: 

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2004 CML Web Design. All rights reserved.
This site is built using MyPHPNuke.

Site designed by CML Web Design

Page took 0.047163 seconds to load.