Welcome To Aberdeen & District Pool League

Create An Account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Stats  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10 August 16, 2018  

Login
Nickname

Password

>> Register <<

Main Menu

Who's Online
There are currently, 83 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here.

Last Seen
Jghnfg489: 5 hours, 16 minutes ago
GDav3: 9 hours, 33 minutes ago
nathanandrews: 12 hours, 56 minutes ago
Jghnfg488: 1 day, 6 hours, 1 minute ago
Steve85: 1 day, 13 hours, 16 minutes ago
Robinwright: 1 day, 18 hours, 45 minutes ago
duncan: 2 days ago
Jghnfg477: 2 days ago
johanwilliam: 2 days ago
oliviawilson913: 2 days ago
hanganu247: 3 days ago
atttechcare: 5 days ago
aoldesktopgolds: 5 days ago
adobecustomercare: 5 days ago
delltechcare: 5 days ago
katyperry: 5 days ago
amarawalter: 6 days ago
aliciakeys: 6 days ago
hussnain: 7 days ago
amandalove: 7 days ago
Al: 7 days ago
JackKlark: 7 days ago
qizhen0809: 7 days ago
aolemaillogin: 8 days ago
BeckySpencer: 9 days ago
yaoxuemei: 9 days ago
magicmushtqali: 9 days ago
davidson119: 9 days ago
ayers247: 11 days ago
Godgieds22: 12 days ago

General
Topic: SGM Wednesday 21st November 730pm Rileys

Moderated By: ChrisL, a_j_scott
Aberdeen & District Pool League Forum Index
  »» General
    »» SGM Wednesday 21st November 730pm Rileys

Please Register To Post

Page 1 Of 21

Go To Page: 1 | 2 | 3 |  
Jump To Page:

Author SGM Wednesday 21st November 730pm Rileys

martinc
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 10:46

This has been emailed to all captains that i have address for.

Folks as you should all be aware there will be an ADPL SGM (Special General Meeting) held in Rileys next Wednesday 21st November starting at 730pm. The info behind the meeting is in the attached document that was given out at the AGM.

It is extremely important that all teams are in attendance for what is an important vote on the future of pool in Aberdeen. We would hope the meeting would take no more than an hour of your time.

The vote could lead to a change in playing rules in the ADPL league for the 2013-14 to Black Ball rules if we decide to stay with the SPA, or remain the same rules we currently have if the vote is for the SEPF

All teams are permitted 2 representative at the meeting we hope to see all teams there on the night so to give a fair reflection on the players in the ADPL idea for the future of pool in the area.

Brief Schedule for meeting

730pm - Team registration
745pm Floor open for any question people have regards what we are voting on, the committee will be there to answer them as best to their knowledge
8pm Vote taken
815pm Result conformation.

If you have any questions regarding the matter feel free to email myself and I can direct it to the committee

Thanks

[ This message was edited by: martinc on 2012-11-15 11:02 ]

Member Information For martincProfile   Send Private Message To martincPM   Go To martinc's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

furrybeast
Home away from home

ussr    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 10:51

Couple of errors Martin. Firstly, the vote would be to remain with the SPA, and secondly, the rule change would take effect in the 2013/14 season.

Stick to the numbers min - lol.

[ This message was edited by: furrybeast on 2012-11-15 12:08 ]

Member Information For furrybeastProfile   Send Private Message To furrybeastPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

martinc
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 11:03

lol was in a rush, folks know the jist of it - amneded :)

Member Information For martincProfile   Send Private Message To martincPM   Go To martinc's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

FarleysAngel
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 12:09

God knows what this would do to division 3 if we did go with SPA and change to their rules. Half the teams dont know the rules they are currently playing!

Member Information For FarleysAngelProfile   Send Private Message To FarleysAngelPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

DAWG
Home away from home

sudan    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 12:42

On 2012-11-15 12:09 , FarleysAngel Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

God knows what this would do to division 3 if we did go with SPA and change to their rules. Half the teams dont know the rules they are currently playing!

Good point Emma :)

Member Information For DAWGProfile   Send Private Message To DAWGPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Staffe
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 13:04

!!! QUOTE !!!

Cant see the logic there Emma, if they dont know the rules they are playing at the moment what difference would it make introducing new ones.
Saying that if the new ones were easier to understand then I could understand that making a difference. Maybe they would learn them.

[ This message was edited by: Staffe on 2012-11-15 13:05 ]

Member Information For StaffeProfile   Send Private Message To StaffePM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

PaulS
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 13:09

I assume we need 50% of the available team reps to turn up in order to form a quorum. What happens if we don't meet the requirement, which i guess is 34 people from 17 teams?

Member Information For PaulSProfile   Send Private Message To PaulSPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

ChrisL
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 13:16

I think Blackball rules are easier for the average player as much less complex. But I think the real question is what would average players get out of a rule change? Probably not a lot in all honesty but thats for them (us?!) to decide.

-----------------
CML Web Design Ltd
Your complete web solution!

[ This message was edited by: ChrisL on 2012-11-15 13:39 ]

Member Information For ChrisLProfile   Send Private Message To ChrisLPM   Go To ChrisL's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

graeme332
Just popping in

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 13:31

!!! QUOTE !!!

Harsh!!

Member Information For graeme332Profile   Send Private Message To graeme332PM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Staffe
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 13:32

On 2012-11-15 13:09 , PaulS Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

I assume we need 50% of the available team reps to turn up in order to form a quorum. What happens if we don't meet the requirement, which i guess is 34 people from 17 teams?

email re sent to all on Martins original email list Paul

Member Information For StaffeProfile   Send Private Message To StaffePM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Staffe
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 13:33

On 2012-11-15 10:46 , martinc Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

This has been emailed to all captains that i have address for.

Folks as you should all be aware there will be an ADPL SGM (Special General Meeting) held in Rileys next Wednesday 21st November starting at 730pm. The info behind the meeting is in the attached document that was given out at the AGM.

It is extremely important that all teams are in attendance for what is an important vote on the future of pool in Aberdeen. We would hope the meeting would take no more than an hour of your time.

The vote could lead to a change in playing rules in the ADPL league for the 2013-14 to Black Ball rules if we decide to stay with the SPA, or remain the same rules we currently have if the vote is for the SEPF

All teams are permitted 2 representative at the meeting we hope to see all teams there on the night so to give a fair reflection on the players in the ADPL idea for the future of pool in the area.

Brief Schedule for meeting

730pm - Team registration
745pm Floor open for any question people have regards what we are voting on, the committee will be there to answer them as best to their knowledge
8pm Vote taken
815pm Result conformation.

If you have any questions regarding the matter feel free to email myself and I can direct it to the committee

Thanks

After a couple of queries this is a quick update regarding Martin's earlier post.

1. As Martin says it is extremely important for teams to attend, with this in mind any teams not represented will be liable for a fine as per clause 7 of the constitution.

2. The league rules will not change for the rest of this season no matter which way any vote goes. Depending on affiliation they may change for season 2013/2014

3. Teams may have 2 representatives and will have 1 vote, 50% of the number of representatives eligible to attend shall form a quorum at all meetings. If there are fewer or during the meeting the number falls below the quorum, then no further business shall take place and the meeting shall close. The status quo shall remain.

At the end of the day this is your Pool League, please make the effort to discuss with your players and represent your team at the meeting.

Regards

Lindsay

Patty
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 14:06

If everyone saw the frame i had in the superleague im sure nobody would want a rule change and im sure my team mates would back this up.

Guy fudge breaks just tapping the pack, somehow pots a ball, he then just rolls onto a ball, i do the same, he does the same, i do the same as i know that he has no intention potting a ball. For someone to come into a frame with no intention of potting balls is beyond me, and as for snookering ur opponent just ask the team and in particular phil snr as he was in 5 on the trot when the boys got balls over every pocket bar the 1 on the cusion.

For the record im past caring about all this rules, bla bla bla so not bothered which way it goes.

Member Information For PattyProfile   Send Private Message To PattyPM   Go To Patty's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

FarleysAngel
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 14:08

On 2012-11-15 13:31 , graeme332 Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

!!! QUOTE !!!

Harsh!!

Its harsh when the other team is almost fighting beacause they dont know the rules! Im sure it would cause a lot of confusion for a start anyway.
I quite like the blackball rules, but unsure how we will vote.

Member Information For FarleysAngelProfile   Send Private Message To FarleysAngelPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

furrybeast
Home away from home

ussr    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 14:15

On 2012-11-15 14:06 , Patty Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

If everyone saw the frame i had in the superleague im sure nobody would want a rule change and im sure my team mates would back this up.

Guy fudge breaks just tapping the pack, somehow pots a ball, he then just rolls onto a ball, i do the same, he does the same, i do the same as i know that he has no intention potting a ball. For someone to come into a frame with no intention of potting balls is beyond me, and as for snookering ur opponent just ask the team and in particular phil snr as he was in 5 on the trot when the boys got balls over every pocket bar the 1 on the cusion.

For the record im past caring about all this rules, bla bla bla so not bothered which way it goes.

Don't blame the rules, blame the player. If someone is hell bent on fudging it'll happen regardless.

Did you win the frame btw?

Member Information For furrybeastProfile   Send Private Message To furrybeastPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Staffe
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 14:16

There is of course always the option to not affiliate to anyone !!!

T
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 14:23

Apart from the 30(ish) lads that have gone to super 11's and 15's and maybe add on another 5-10 for IM's, this for the rest of us is basically change rules or not!

Member Information For TProfile   Send Private Message To TPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Staffe
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 14:28

On 2012-11-15 14:23 , T Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

Apart from the 30(ish) lads that have gone to super 11's and 15's and maybe add on another 5-10 for IM's, this for the rest of us is basically change rules or not!

Im sure Furry or Derek will fill you in from their side of things what both organisations have to offer.

DAWG
Home away from home

sudan    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 14:35

On 2012-11-15 14:23 , T Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

You're right Grant. And for the record, I can't see all the "middle-of-the-road" players travelling hundereds of miles to play in an SPA tour either.

Any local BB tour would only be able to have SPA affiliated players in it - so basically the current tour which incorprates Aberdeen, and surroundings etc, would be solely represented by Aberdeen League players only.

Member Information For DAWGProfile   Send Private Message To DAWGPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

furrybeast
Home away from home

ussr    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 14:42

Like quite a few other players, I've been playing long enough to remember the last time we changed rules - around 13 years ago? from rules that were very similar to blackball, but without the touch cushion rule, to the one we are playing today.

Trust me, that was a RADICAL change - and guess what? nobody died! Everybody just go on with it. Within a fortnight of the rules changing nobody even gave it a second thought.

To me, the debate has never been about the rules, WR/Blackball - makes not a jot of difference to me - they both work.

It's always been about where the game is heading, and how best the ADPL should position itself to take best advantage of all that could, and should, be available to all current players - and more importantly, the future players of the ADPL.

I stood in front of the captains of the ADPL 3 years ago and explained where I THOUGHT the game was heading. 3 years down the line, I now KNOW where the game is heading.

The ADPL captains should vote to continue to affiliate to the SPA, and embrace Blackball because that, my fellow players, is absolutely, and unequivocally where the game is going.

Any other vote would leave the ADPL isolated from the great progress that is happening RIGHT NOW.

Staffe
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-11-15 14:45

Colin to be honest the current SEPF tour isnt exactly thriving at present,Did the last tour not have about 28 entries,and less than half of them from Aberdeen.

Please have some justification in your arguments and less spin ;-)

Moderated By: ChrisL, a_j_scott
Aberdeen & District Pool League Forum Index
  »» General
    »» SGM Wednesday 21st November 730pm Rileys

Please Register To Post

Page 1 Of 21

Go To Page: 1 | 2 | 3 |  
Jump To Page:

Member Messages

Search & Navigation

Please Login Or Register

[ Advanced Search ]

Jump To Forum: 

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2004 CML Web Design. All rights reserved.
This site is built using MyPHPNuke.

Site designed by CML Web Design

Page took 0.0417 seconds to load.