Welcome To Aberdeen & District Pool League

Create An Account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Stats  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10 May 28, 2018  

Login
Nickname

Password

>> Register <<

Main Menu

Who's Online
There are currently, 125 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here.

Last Seen
LatishaOlson: 3 days ago
Rossco: 4 days ago
charles234: 5 days ago
ChrisL: 6 days ago
James345: 7 days ago
Oscar567: 9 days ago
Jack687: 9 days ago
Projectfinancing: 9 days ago
Wilson: 11 days ago
kakakaoo: 12 days ago
sophiamic: 12 days ago
mclean234: 12 days ago
Zak345: 16 days ago
suissebank: 18 days ago
Al: 19 days ago
jac: 19 days ago
rickrichard20: 19 days ago
georgewatson: 20 days ago
Daniel456: 21 days ago
Nicholas234: 22 days ago
chetantop: 24 days ago
Labi1995: 25 days ago
ET: 25 days ago
Kimi: 26 days ago
jennermack: 31 days ago
dannyings47: 36 days ago
Bernie197: 37 days ago
Walter101: 37 days ago
qizhen0809: 39 days ago
cowie: 40 days ago

Website
Topic: Opinions please

Moderated By: ChrisL, a_j_scott
Aberdeen & District Pool League Forum Index
  »» Website
    »» Opinions please

Please Register To Post

Author Opinions please

furrybeast
Home away from home

ussr    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-04-17 10:28

Anyone else think that since the introduction of the XSP, that the forums topics disappear off the homepage too quickly?

A new topic in the morning can disappear by the end of the day now quite easily.

I presume the number of topic titles can be increased, but that would obviously change the layout of the homepage slightly, and perhaps shift the articles out of immediate sight, without scrolling down.

Anyone agree/disagree/care?

Member Information For furrybeastProfile   Send Private Message To furrybeastPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

ChrisL
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-04-17 11:03

Think it is useful for Martin and Al to catch folks attention but your right it does maybe detract from general chitter chatter a bit. Ill check re more articles and try it out.

Member Information For ChrisLProfile   Send Private Message To ChrisLPM   Go To ChrisL's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

ChrisL
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-04-17 11:36

Have had a look and unfortunately there is no easy option to extend the number of forum topics on the home page. This is quite an old site template and was planning on changing over to a newer site in the summer at some point as there are also spam and security concerns with this site as it is more easy to hack. Any ideas or requests welcome. We intend to continue with facebook, and look at other new things like twitter etc for next year so may be worth reviewing the purpose of each of these to avoif too much duplication. As it stands we have:

Website
Facebook
League Republic

And will add twitter next season for short updates. Might be good to separate different types of content for each to avoid too much repetition.

Any suggestions welcome.

-----------------
CML Web Design Ltd
Your complete web solution!

[ This message was edited by: ChrisL on 2012-04-17 11:37 ]

Member Information For ChrisLProfile   Send Private Message To ChrisLPM   Go To ChrisL's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

PaulS
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-04-17 11:49

Facebook, Twitter etc. should very much be secondary to this website.

Member Information For PaulSProfile   Send Private Message To PaulSPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Spot
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-04-17 12:03

On 2012-04-17 11:49 , PaulS Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

Facebook, Twitter etc. should very much be secondary to this website.

I agree with Paul , the website should be the main focal point.

If you are worried that the content of the XSP forums is taking over then could you possibly have a dedicated facebook page solely for the XSP leagues , or perhaps just for the XSP fixtures , to save space on the main website.Also the results could be posted there instead of on the main site.

If you are changing the website can you have a dedicated link to the XSP , rather than just to the league republic ? League republic could have the tables , with everything else coming under the new link , results , arranging ties etc

just a thought , as most of you know I don't know squat about computers etc    :-?

-----------------
John Hay

Member Information For SpotProfile   Send Private Message To SpotPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

T
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-04-17 12:08

Is there no way of putting a forum within the XSP page with contacts etc?
I'm not on facebook and would rather not have to sign up to keep tabs on the ADPL/XSP!

Member Information For TProfile   Send Private Message To TPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-04-17 12:23

I can't imagine facebook being the main website at any point. Alot of pool leagues have facebook pages, main idea from my point of view was an additional way for players to contact each other to arrange matches and put on pictures etc.

Member Information For AlProfile   Send Private Message To AlPM   Go To Al's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Kimi
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-04-17 12:28

The bottom forum thts about Facebook was last commented on 4 days ago, thts with all the xsp leagues being refreshed, so personally I think there's still enough space for both.

Member Information For KimiProfile   Send Private Message To KimiPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-04-17 12:34

On 2012-04-17 12:28 , Kimi Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

The bottom forum thts about Facebook was last commented on 4 days ago, thts with all the xsp leagues being refreshed, so personally I think there's still enough space for both.

Exactly, I just bumped Summer League one up to top of forum by simply adding a full stop to end of last input. Its just a case of keeping an eye on it and I admit some topics have slipped off, its not hard work to go and find it and bump it to top or add to it.

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

Member Information For AlProfile   Send Private Message To AlPM   Go To Al's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Member Messages

Search & Navigation

Please Login Or Register

[ Advanced Search ]

Jump To Forum: 

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2004 CML Web Design. All rights reserved.
This site is built using MyPHPNuke.

Site designed by CML Web Design

Page took 0.029504 seconds to load.