Welcome To Aberdeen & District Pool League

Create An Account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Stats  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10 June 22, 2018  

Login
Nickname

Password

>> Register <<

Main Menu

Who's Online
There are currently, 98 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here.

Last Seen
wigs248: 7 hours, 42 minutes ago
allitexpert: 1 day, 13 hours, 51 minutes ago
rosesandra: 1 day, 17 hours, 43 minutes ago
briannakevin: 1 day, 17 hours, 43 minutes ago
madisonbella: 1 day, 17 hours, 45 minutes ago
alexandraskye: 1 day, 17 hours, 46 minutes ago
josephmerry: 1 day, 17 hours, 48 minutes ago
tnpscnews: 1 day, 19 hours, 59 minutes ago
GReid: 2 days ago
callen8199: 3 days ago
vapestop: 3 days ago
colineddie: 8 days ago
jamiscott: 8 days ago
Al: 11 days ago
lennor247: 11 days ago
huangliyue: 13 days ago
lennorris199: 13 days ago
qizhen0809: 14 days ago
seerat: 14 days ago
Rossco: 15 days ago
ChrisL: 17 days ago
cai123: 20 days ago
leilei3915: 22 days ago
Guycohen: 22 days ago
Eunald: 23 days ago
LatishaOlson: 28 days ago
charles234: 29 days ago
James345: 31 days ago
Oscar567: 34 days ago
Jack687: 34 days ago

Summer League
Topic: Bars In Aberdeen And Surrounding Area

Moderated By: Al, ChrisL, a_j_scott
Aberdeen & District Pool League Forum Index
  »» Summer League
    »» Bars In Aberdeen And Surrounding Area

Please Register To Post

Page 1 Of 3

Go To Page: 1 | 2 | 3

Author Bars In Aberdeen And Surrounding Area

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-20 16:24

Hi Guys,

As you have probably noticed, I have started work on Summer League 2012, I am looking to send posters to as many pubs I can think of with Pool tables, however, need help with pub names, location etc. Can you use this forum to post names of pubs that definately have pool tables and might be a good shout to enter a summer league team.

Summer league is perfect opportunity for any teams planning on entering main winter league to get some match experience in and learn rules etc.

Cheers for your help. I will make notes as I see them appear on forum.

Should point out that all teams in league currently will shortly be receiving info packs through the post so don't need them mentioned.

Thanks

Allan

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

[ This message was edited by: Al on 2012-02-20 16:52 ]

Member Information For AlProfile   Send Private Message To AlPM   Go To Al's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

T
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-20 17:09

Highland hotel are getting a pool table for the back room. Would be worth putting something through to them

[ This message was edited by: Al on 2012-02-20 17:14 ]

Member Information For TProfile   Send Private Message To TPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-20 17:14

On 2012-02-20 17:09 , T Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

Highland hotel are getting a pool table for the back room. Would be worth putting something through to them

That the one on Crown Street?

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

Member Information For AlProfile   Send Private Message To AlPM   Go To Al's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-20 22:06

Working My Way up from Holburn Street at Garthdee Roundabout:

Brig O Dee
Abergeldie
Holburn - Pack in Post
Belmont Social Club - Pack In Post
Adam Lounge/Hawthorn Bar
The Foundry

From there am onto Union St and nae so sure of any pubs with tables on Union Street, so suggestions will be great.

jabber
Just popping in

uk    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-20 22:55

Murdos are interested in putting in a team

Member Information For jabberProfile   Send Private Message To jabberPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Snakeyes
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-21 09:46

Illicit Still

Member Information For SnakeyesProfile   Send Private Message To SnakeyesPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-21 10:29

Okay cheers, keep them coming, taking notes as I go along.

T
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-21 10:34

On 2012-02-20 17:14 , Al Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

!!! QUOTE !!!

That's the one Al
Is the Cults hotel in the catchment of Abdn or Deeside league? Not that far away. Used to be alot of people playing pool when i went there.

[ This message was edited by: T on 2012-02-21 10:35 ]

Member Information For TProfile   Send Private Message To TPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

one_willie_miller
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-21 11:00

On 2012-02-21 09:46 , Snakeyes Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

Illicit Still

Enjoy ?3.50 a pint!!!

Member Information For one_willie_millerProfile   Send Private Message To one_willie_millerPM   Go To one_willie_miller's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

one_willie_miller
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-21 11:01

On 2012-02-21 10:34 , T Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

On 2012-02-20 17:14 , Al Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

!!! QUOTE !!!

That's the one Al
Is the Cults hotel in the catchment of Abdn or Deeside league? Not that far away. Used to be alot of people playing pool when i went there.

I would say so

More "Aberdeen City" than the Broadstraik anyways!!!

Member Information For one_willie_millerProfile   Send Private Message To one_willie_millerPM   Go To one_willie_miller's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

ally323
Just can't stay away

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-21 18:53

Al, I appreciate your efforts & am sure most will, but without wishing to be negative, I am wary of new teams joining the league then dropping out , we've had two early on in Div 3 this season alone

[ This message was edited by: ally323 on 2012-02-21 18:54 ]

Member Information For ally323Profile   Send Private Message To ally323PM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-21 20:43

On 2012-02-21 18:53 , ally323 Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

Al, I appreciate your efforts & am sure most will, but without wishing to be negative, I am wary of new teams joining the league then dropping out , we've had two early on in Div 3 this season alone

Thank you for your comments. Which team do you play for as sounds like the pull outs this season has affected your team?

Every year the ADPL tries to attract new teams as groups of friends get together and decide the fancy joining a pool team. Thats How I got started with the then Rileys A. Simply just mates.

Yes we had teams dropping out but we also had Rowan Tree rejoin the league after a couple of years absence, Three Lums (New), Lethan Arms (Re-Join), and Belmont Social Club (New) so the ones that join far out way the few teams we have had pull out.

If we did not make an attempt to look for new teams, where would the league be? Same teams, Same Players, Boring. Its for the benefit of ADPL as a whole that we do this and Summer League is best way forward as a whole as a starting point to see they can cope with schedules in main winter league. Feel free to disagree with me.

I take your point on board but I am more in the positive camp than the negative camp.

Regards

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

[ This message was edited by: Al on 2012-02-21 20:52 ]

ally323
Just can't stay away

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-21 21:21

Cove Bay Al. I do agree with you, but we have been affected in more than one season with teams dropping out, not so much points wise, but for me personally for the love of the game it's always disappointing when fixtures disappear, that's just a harsh fact with Div 3.
I would never get bored playing the same teams, even my own team mates I never get bored as each frame is different but do agree it's nice to play in different venues so I'm actually glad in a way that we're not in a higher league where we would pretty much playing in shooters or Riley's each week.
Again, not trying to be negative but I realise it will seem that way, just my tuppence worth

Member Information For ally323Profile   Send Private Message To ally323PM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-21 21:25

Well, may not be much more of a worry for you as from checking league if you keep up form you might just find yourselves in Div 2. Thanks for your input though. I am happy to receive both positive and negative comments, only thing I will point out is that I did state that its for Summer League as a tester if you like to see if the teams can cope with extra commitments Tuesdays and a good few Thurdays plus final days. Committee are as annoyed as teams when teams drop out as it puts bars off entering another team that may come along in future because of past experience.

ally323
Just can't stay away

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-21 21:28

Yep, all fair comment Al. Hope the summer league does go well as one thing I defintely agree on, it's always good to get more teams playing. The more matches for me the better. Thanks again. Ally

jabber
Just popping in

uk    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-21 23:49

Al, I put up a post last nite stating murdos would b interested in entering a team in summer league. Will info b sent to the bar or can I pick it up from someone on the committee??

Member Information For jabberProfile   Send Private Message To jabberPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-21 23:52

On 2012-02-21 23:49 , jabber Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

Al, I put up a post last nite stating murdos would b interested in entering a team in summer league. Will info b sent to the bar or can I pick it up from someone on the committee??

Easiest is if you give me an e-mail for pub so I can send it through that way otherwise the "snail" mail address and I will stick a pack in the post.

-----------------
ADPL Match Secretary

Al
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-22 23:38

Details sent onto munro via e-mail address's provided via private mail. Keep the suggestions coming.

ally323
Just can't stay away

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-23 08:45

There is another pub in Cove who I have heard were interested in a team, heard this more than once, it's the Landykes between Loiston Ave & Earnshugh Road, may well be worth sticking a pack in there. Cove Rangers FC also has a table but not so sure they would be interested in a team, you don't know until you try though.
The Wellington on Wellington Road, definitely had a table when it was the Gordon, I can check next week if it still has, so maybe capture some local folks from that area too.

[ This message was edited by: ally323 on 2012-02-23 08:46 ]

Snakeyes
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2012-02-23 08:45

Didn't Bungle do an exercise like this last year Alan?

Member Information For SnakeyesProfile   Send Private Message To SnakeyesPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Moderated By: Al, ChrisL, a_j_scott
Aberdeen & District Pool League Forum Index
  »» Summer League
    »» Bars In Aberdeen And Surrounding Area

Please Register To Post

Page 1 Of 3

Go To Page: 1 | 2 | 3

Member Messages

Search & Navigation

Please Login Or Register

[ Advanced Search ]

Jump To Forum: 

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2004 CML Web Design. All rights reserved.
This site is built using MyPHPNuke.

Site designed by CML Web Design

Page took 0.040395 seconds to load.