Welcome To Aberdeen & District Pool League

Create An Account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Stats  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10 August 15, 2018  

Login
Nickname

Password

>> Register <<

Main Menu

Who's Online
There are currently, 87 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here.

Last Seen
Jghnfg489: 3 hours, 42 minutes ago
GDav3: 7 hours, 59 minutes ago
nathanandrews: 11 hours, 21 minutes ago
Jghnfg488: 1 day, 4 hours, 27 minutes ago
Steve85: 1 day, 11 hours, 41 minutes ago
Robinwright: 1 day, 17 hours, 11 minutes ago
duncan: 2 days ago
Jghnfg477: 2 days ago
johanwilliam: 2 days ago
oliviawilson913: 2 days ago
hanganu247: 3 days ago
atttechcare: 5 days ago
aoldesktopgolds: 5 days ago
adobecustomercare: 5 days ago
delltechcare: 5 days ago
katyperry: 5 days ago
amarawalter: 6 days ago
aliciakeys: 6 days ago
hussnain: 7 days ago
amandalove: 7 days ago
Al: 7 days ago
JackKlark: 7 days ago
qizhen0809: 7 days ago
aolemaillogin: 8 days ago
BeckySpencer: 9 days ago
yaoxuemei: 9 days ago
magicmushtqali: 9 days ago
davidson119: 9 days ago
ayers247: 11 days ago
Godgieds22: 12 days ago

Website
Topic: Live Streaming - Scotch Doubles Finals

Moderated By: ChrisL, a_j_scott
Aberdeen & District Pool League Forum Index
  »» Website
    »» Live Streaming - Scotch Doubles Finals

Please Register To Post

Author Live Streaming - Scotch Doubles Finals

ChrisL
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-12-03 11:19

For the first time ever we are going to attempt to stream a finals day live onto the internet from Sh88ters today. We will also record at least the final. Hopefuly it all works so bear with us if the quality isn that great etc. There will be a live chat facility on the stream page feel free to join in!

In order to access the 'ADPL Channel' tune in to the following link sometime over the afternoon:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/adpl

-----------------
CML Web Design Ltd
Your complete web solution!

Member Information For ChrisLProfile   Send Private Message To ChrisLPM   Go To ChrisL's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

MikeClark
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-12-03 11:46

Excellent, I can watch online from Baku!!! Hope it all goes well, then next time we can have commentary, flashing lights, an MC and the eye candy like the darts. Look forward to it.

Member Information For MikeClarkProfile   Send Private Message To MikeClarkPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

ChrisL
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-12-05 10:32

Wasnt back at the venue on Saturday as was still playing in the trial but believe the stream went down for a while by the semis and the final was played on another table for some reason. Also noone seemed to remember to press record on any of the matches.

Has anyone got any feedback on the how it worked when it was up and running. To me it looked a little blurry and the focus was moving about a bit but not bad as first atttempt. We can look at improving it for next finals at Sh88ters (unless Rileys managed to get Broadband in for their next finals). I think maybe we need to try an alternative camcorder next time.

-----------------
CML Web Design Ltd

Member Information For ChrisLProfile   Send Private Message To ChrisLPM   Go To ChrisL's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Aaron
Quite a regular

blank    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-12-05 10:50

i watched a bit of it chris, was very good for a first attempt i thought. I didn't think it was a blurry picture. There was a while it was needing adjusted to see the bottom pocket but dunno if that was down to it being knocked during the course of the day. The only other thing was it was maybe a wee bit dark but thats maybe due to lighting around the table rather than the table lighting. Very good first attempt from what i watched though

Member Information For AaronProfile   Send Private Message To AaronPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Psi
Not too shy to talk

kazakhstan    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-12-05 11:28

I watched a bit of it Chris. The focus and video quality was decent enough - I wasn't expecting Hollywood standard resolution! It looked like almost the same standard as the SPA streams.

Should probably be someone checking the stream onsite as the bottom right corner of the table was quite heavily chopped off, enough to hide any balls lingering over that corner pocket.

It was good for a first attempt though!

Member Information For PsiProfile   Send Private Message To PsiPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

ChrisL
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-12-05 13:07

Cheers. I think what appears on the camera screen varies from what you see on the final stream as the screen size is different or something so it likely looked ok to the folk there. Will probably be on hand next time to tweak it a little next time. May also try another camcorder and will make sure at least the final is recorded so they canbe kept via links on the website.

-----------------
CML Web Design Ltd

[ This message was edited by: ChrisL on 2011-12-05 13:08 ]

ChrisL
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-12-05 13:39

The next event we will try out will be Aberdeen Pairs finals on 17 Dec at Rileys if they have the Broadband connection in by then. If not then ext one is the 3-Man Team at Sh88ters on 14 Jan.

It is likely that we will try out live scoring software (match by match) so folk can see all the results coming in and also a scores overlay with player names onto the stream for the matches on the TV table so folk at home know who is playing and what score is.

geordie
Home away from home

uk    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-12-05 17:42

Hi all,

Very interested to read the feedback from this. We'll be using the live streaming to broadcast select games from the Scottish Open in March (hopefully with commentators).

Keep up the good stuff.

Member Information For geordieProfile   Send Private Message To geordiePM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

cammy
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-12-06 00:53

I was working all day Saturday so never saw any of the stream

But regardless of the quality i would like to say a big well done to Chris for getting this started as they say practise makes perfect

This will be a great addition to the ADPL and the SEPF when up and running properly and i for one would help out if required

Once again well done Chris for getting this started

[ This message was edited by: cammy on 2011-12-06 01:02 ]

Member Information For cammyProfile   Send Private Message To cammyPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

ChrisL
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-12-06 09:45

And to Sh88ters for providing the venue, broadband link and cover as I wasnt there for most of the day! Hopefully can get it working smoothly for the rest of ther events.

Member Messages

Search & Navigation

Please Login Or Register

[ Advanced Search ]

Jump To Forum: 

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2004 CML Web Design. All rights reserved.
This site is built using MyPHPNuke.

Site designed by CML Web Design

Page took 0.026121 seconds to load.