Welcome To Aberdeen & District Pool League

Create An Account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Stats  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10 August 17, 2018  

Login
Nickname

Password

>> Register <<

Main Menu

Who's Online
There are currently, 83 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here.

Last Seen
Jghnfg484: 3 hours, 51 minutes ago
Melaniatrump: 15 hours, 10 minutes ago
Khloekardashian1: 16 hours, 10 minutes ago
brighthousetech1: 17 hours, 34 minutes ago
hudson199: 18 hours, 43 minutes ago
joliemadona1: 19 hours, 4 minutes ago
adornasmith1: 20 hours, 45 minutes ago
Jghnfg489: 1 day, 6 hours, 4 minutes ago
GDav3: 1 day, 10 hours, 20 minutes ago
nathanandrews: 1 day, 13 hours, 43 minutes ago
Jghnfg488: 2 days ago
Steve85: 2 days ago
Robinwright: 2 days ago
duncan: 3 days ago
Jghnfg477: 3 days ago
johanwilliam: 3 days ago
oliviawilson913: 3 days ago
hanganu247: 4 days ago
atttechcare: 6 days ago
aoldesktopgolds: 6 days ago
adobecustomercare: 6 days ago
delltechcare: 6 days ago
katyperry: 6 days ago
amarawalter: 7 days ago
aliciakeys: 7 days ago
hussnain: 8 days ago
amandalove: 8 days ago
Al: 8 days ago
JackKlark: 8 days ago
qizhen0809: 8 days ago

SPA
Topic: SEPF decision

Moderated By: ChrisL, furrybeast, a_j_scott
Aberdeen & District Pool League Forum Index
  »» SPA
    »» SEPF decision

Please Register To Post

Page 1 Of 12

Go To Page: 1 | 2 | 3 |  
Jump To Page:

Author SEPF decision

furrybeast
Home away from home

ussr    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-10-10 12:07

At an SEPF meeting over the weekend, it was decided that any player entering SPA events from Aberdeen will NOT be able to represent the SEPF Scotland team.

Member Information For furrybeastProfile   Send Private Message To furrybeastPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

PaulS
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-10-10 12:25

This is f**king ridiculous. Who voted for this?

Member Information For PaulSProfile   Send Private Message To PaulSPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

spoon
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-10-10 12:26

so we are now basically as square 1 again?

Member Information For spoonProfile   Send Private Message To spoonPM   Go To spoon's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

martinc
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-10-10 12:29

yup ridiculous doesnt even cover it, for all the years the SEPF consistently said they didnt have a choice policy up it rears his ugly head as soon as someone tries something, anything to get both codes working together for once.

THe meeting was Chaired by Mike Macdonald and George Harwood ????

Others at the meeting i am led to believe were

Brad Wight R4
John Murray R3
Mike McHale R2
Kevin(Somebody) R3
Adam Macleod R4
Ian Moffat R2
John Hay R1
Les Anderson R1(Abstained)
Derek Ahern R1(Abstained)

Member Information For martincProfile   Send Private Message To martincPM   Go To martinc's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

martinc
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-10-10 12:30

couple of Abstaining from Region 1 i think becasue of conflicts of interest ie on SEPF / Adpl involement

Member Information For martincProfile   Send Private Message To martincPM   Go To martinc's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

PaulS
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-10-10 12:38

One of the few things the SEPF had going for them was lack of choice / banning policy. Can't see where this leaves the SEPF now that is no longer the case.

What has Harwood got to do with running the SPEF? I thought Mike M had said in another thread that he'd told Harwood to keep out?

Can someone from the SEPF clarify why this rule has been introduced? Can anyone from the current Scotland set-up let their opinion on this be known?

[ This message was edited by: PaulS on 2011-10-10 12:40 ]

Member Information For PaulSProfile   Send Private Message To PaulSPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

cowie
Just can't stay away

scotland    avatar

Well for the vast majority of the adpl like myself that has diddly squat chance of getting near the sepf squad it gives us another set of comps to try out for a year and still enter the sepf singles events aswell.

It will however give the top 15-20 players in the league a major decision to make.

ridiculous decision though, as it has always been said that the sepf would never have choice policy. Smells of serious sour grapes :-?

Member Information For cowieProfile   Send Private Message To cowiePM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Scott
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

Well just makes the SEPF look even worse they have done themselves no favours here...

Member Information For ScottProfile   Send Private Message To ScottPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Scott
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-10-10 12:41

As like kev it won't affect me but can't see the SEPF gaining from this in any way

Member Information For ScottProfile   Send Private Message To ScottPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

cowie
Just can't stay away

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-10-10 12:43

smells of playground bollocks, adpl has decided they want to try and make friends with someone else and sepf has thrown toys out of pram and now refuse to be our friend anymore and join in with their game

Member Information For cowieProfile   Send Private Message To cowiePM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Scott
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-10-10 12:47

Haha sums it up nicely.

derek
Home away from home

blank    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-10-10 12:56

I spoke to Patty/Daz/Martin/Philip/Ian about this yesterday. They didn't nessecarally agree with it but didn't seem that bothered.
But thats only the opinion I got.
Maybe they will answer for themselves.

Member Information For derekProfile   Send Private Message To derekPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

martinc
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-10-10 12:59

any idea why it was brought up as a meeting agenda, there was no real need for it as we wouldnt have been breaking any rules as far a we were concerned, yet all of a sudden its part of a meeting agenda - ie who brought it up, is there a proposal for this rule change etc, again not directed at you Derek just anyone in the SEPF in general.

derek
Home away from home

blank    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-10-10 13:30

Wasn't Martin there were lots of things discussed at the meeting.
Selection Policy/Future Events/Interleague
Regional and National finances etc,etc.
The ADPL issue was just one of many things discussed.
Also I am posting on here as I was at the meeting representing R1.
I have no involvment with the SEPF other than that. So my posts on here will be based on my opinions and not the opinions of the SEPF.

Member Information For derekProfile   Send Private Message To derekPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

martinc
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-10-10 13:32

ok in your opinion why was the ADPL discussed, when no previosu known rules of the SEPF were broken and a few of the committee guys on the SEPF that i spoke to long before this meeting of the SEPF didnt have a problem with it.

[ This message was edited by: martinc on 2011-10-10 13:33 ]

ChrisL
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-10-10 13:45

Total joke - whoever voted for this at the meeting should hang their heads in shame based on the ethos of the SEPF and previous criticism of the SPA over the years.

Can I ask what rule in writing does this come from? You cant just make up rules as important as this.

Would be interested to hear the opinions of the guys this will affect the most but personally feel the ADPL should carry on and dual affiliate and players can make their choice. If I was one of the players affected I would certainly be wanting to challenge this crazy decision. No respect for the guys who have spent thousands of pounds representing their country over the years from this area.

By the way Spot no offence but you can offer my trial place to the next person in line. I don't want to be involved in a setup that is not supporting the development of the game.

-----------------
CML Web Design Ltd
Your complete web solution!

[ This message was edited by: ChrisL on 2011-10-10 13:49 ]

Member Information For ChrisLProfile   Send Private Message To ChrisLPM   Go To ChrisL's Website   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

coolcat
Home away from home

brazil    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-10-10 13:58

lets put things into perspective while its great to represent your country u dont get paid to play and it costs a whole lot of money to subsidize yourself if i was daz and co who have over the years spent a whole heap of money to play for there country only to b told now if you enter this tournaments you will b banned by your country id tell them where to go and def b entering these comps where they get to play the best players in scotland and have a great chance of winning sum serious money,just my opinion though

Member Information For coolcatProfile   Send Private Message To coolcatPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

derek
Home away from home

blank    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-10-10 14:00

On 2011-10-10 13:32 , martinc Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

ok in your opinion why was the ADPL discussed, when no previosu known rules of the SEPF were broken and a few of the committee guys on the SEPF that i spoke to long before this meeting of the SEPF didnt have a problem with it.

Sorry Martin I cant answer that one.
Don't know who you have or haven't spoken to about it.
And nobody said to my knowledge yesterday that any rules were or have been broken.
Suggest you maybe email Brad to get the official response from the sepf.

martinc
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-10-10 14:05

i asked for an officail SEPF response several weeks ago, nothing has come my way

[ This message was edited by: martinc on 2011-10-10 14:05 ]

Spot
Home away from home

scotland    avatar

posticon   Posted: 2011-10-10 14:29

On 2011-10-10 13:45 , ChrisL Wrote:

!!! QUOTE !!!

Total joke - whoever voted for this at the meeting should hang their heads in shame based on the ethos of the SEPF and previous criticism of the SPA over the years.

By the way Spot no offence but you can offer my trial place to the next person in line. I don't want to be involved in a setup that is not supporting the development of the game.

No offence taken mate , but I would ask you not to give up your trial place based on this forum discussion.The facts as discussed at yesterdays meeting will be issued by the SEPF in an official format , and any decisions really should be taken after that.

cheers

-----------------
John Hay

Member Information For SpotProfile   Send Private Message To SpotPM   Quote And Reply To This MessageQuote

Moderated By: ChrisL, furrybeast, a_j_scott
Aberdeen & District Pool League Forum Index
  »» SPA
    »» SEPF decision

Please Register To Post

Page 1 Of 12

Go To Page: 1 | 2 | 3 |  
Jump To Page:

Member Messages

Search & Navigation

Please Login Or Register

[ Advanced Search ]

Jump To Forum: 

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2004 CML Web Design. All rights reserved.
This site is built using MyPHPNuke.

Site designed by CML Web Design

Page took 0.04659 seconds to load.